GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650 - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #51
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default just about done.

the fun part.
got 1/4 fuel hose. tank is on. seat is just sitting on it. (don't know how to finish seat yet)
very basic wiring is done, but not getting any spark

flea market run yielded this sweet Chinese Tonka knockoff truck.
had this idea for awhile now.

on/kill button

*wire bucket*
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rabies!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #52
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

how see sits.

MAYBE IM NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. points go to one side of coils. other side of coils goes to regulator. no spark when kicking ??? new coils and regulator. I didn't even use button just put wires together to test.
:/
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #53
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:36 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I'd want to mount the RR somewhere that it can get some airflow

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #54
rabies

Senior Fighterer

will be on the bottom of pan most likely. kinda all thrown together right now.
just have to get spark somehow I'm lost. then it will be all good.
then swingarm swap with disc brake and mid rearseats
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 01:42 PM   #55
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
MAYBE IM NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. points go to one side of coils. other side of coils goes to regulator. no spark when kicking ??? new coils and regulator. I didn't even use button just put wires together to test.

:/

Coils going to the regulator doesn’t sound right to me. Do you have a battery or at least a capacitor somewhere in the system?

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #56
rabies

Senior Fighterer

neither. not sure what I'm doing.
I went off this diagram. new coils have a yellow and black wire. put yellow together and to switch.
I don't get it. what has to ground? regulator is ground to frame.
I have to have capacitor somewhere?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 11:11 AM   #57
rabies

Senior Fighterer

i think I need a capacitor. where do I wire that in?
the bike is just about done. I want to ride it so bad.

need to get it running and ride it before I start slicing it apart and then powdercoat stuff
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #58
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I would wire it in between the R/R and main fuse. I’ve never used a capacitor so take it as you will.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #59
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:36 AM
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

http://diagrams.kz650.info/wiring/WiringDiagrams.htm

just found this website for ya

factory wiring diagrams, I would post a picture but they are huge...

I would double check your wiring to the headlight switch and starter switch, inspect your points/condenser and all of your grounds...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #60
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:36 AM
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

maybe a stupid question, I know you said you have new coils and reg. but can you confirm your stator is in good working order?

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes