GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650 - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #61
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:01 AM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemann View Post
maybe a stupid question, I know you said you have new coils and reg. but can you confirm your stator is in good working order?
not a stupid question. but I cannot. bike did run but very poorly when I got it.
it would kick over but die. bad battery. old gas. bad wiring etc. :/ SIIIIGH.

I think I need a capacitor or battery and it will show spark...might try later today
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #62
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

No offense to the previous poster but I don't know how adding a capacitor will help the situation.

The points are what is going to tell the coils when to fire but if they are too corroded they won't complete the circuit to tell the coils to fire in the first place. On the other hand if the stator is no good the coils won't get the voltage they need in the first place...

Just some thoughts, hope it helps.

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #63
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemann View Post
No offense to the previous poster but I don't know how adding a capacitor will help the situation.
I think he needs a capacitor because he doesn't have a battery, but I could be mistaken.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #64
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

from what I have read in research on "70's kz *dirtbike* wiring" is that the factory altenator doesn't give enough juice to fire the coils. so there has to be some sort of power assistance (i.e. capacitor)

this type of automotive isn't my fortia'
il rebuild a motor over night ...but don't ask me to change a fuse
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #65
rabies

Senior Fighterer

got a donor bike for parts. got a good deal had to drive late though.
09 klx 250w (supermoto) stolen/wrecked/sold at auction.

17" wire weelz

back tire is off the bead and rim is scraped paint wise. concerned wheel might be out of true.
rest of usable parts are rather clean.
after work il pressure wash it good then start dismantling.
would like to test motor so I can sell it. what can this motor in good shape go for?

using wheels. swingarm and forks...and sparkly new fasteners.
doesn't look like bike was ever rode more than 2hours
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #66
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Don't know if you care, or if it makes a difference, but I'm pretty sure those KLX250 SMs don't have cush drives on the rear wheel.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #67
rabies

Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Don't know if you care, or if it makes a difference, but I'm pretty sure those KLX250 SMs don't have cush drives on the rear wheel.
sal gude brah
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #68
rabies

Senior Fighterer

me johny5, me disassemble

getting humid and had this laying around so I stuck it in deh winder.

now I don't have a place for a vice :/ sigh
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #69
rabies

Senior Fighterer

klx forks are 34" tall.
ninja 636 forks are about 28"
kz bobber forks are 31"

putting klx forks on this bike would elevate the front too much and ruin stance
putting ninja forks on the bobber would ruin the stance.
put klx forks on the bobber would bring it up and be cool but then wheels wont match :/ WHHHOMP
back klx wheel has glue on some of the spokes..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #70
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

you can always run taller forks and mount them higher in the triples, or run the shorter forks for a more agressive look but use taller dirtbike bars...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes