DIY cam-to-cam oilers? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:07 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

What exactly is the purpose of this mod? Is there some oil transfer issue in those heads?

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:07 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Improves oil transfer to cams.

And SS hoses are hot on oil boilers

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all

Striking out trying to find those adapters, no luck on anplumbing, they have all male to male adapters.

Still wondering on the drill/tap too?

Built Not Bought

<SOLD<SOLD

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:07 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Improves oil transfer to cams.

And SS hoses are hot on oil boilers
I learned something new today.

Thanks CF!

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mikey!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #15
swiftnet
Change or Die
CF Lover
swiftnet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
swiftnet is making some friendsswiftnet is making some friendsswiftnet is making some friendsswiftnet is making some friends

Cam to cam links are for appearance. The three line systems do distribute more oil, but are only necessary on modded motors.

2nd Gen B12, '88 GSXR 750 Head. GSXR 1100 cams. K&N pods, Holeshot stage2, 5 degree advancer, HS Headers covered in pumice based wraps, cut Yoshi can, Pingel fuel valve, K2 750forks, 'busa shock, aluminum custom sub-frame, custom lights, custom front face, modified top yoke, pro-taper bars+risers, gsxr 600 seat, front wheel, front calipers and master, zx10 rear cowl, zx6 brake lights, no centerstand. Currently sitting here waiting for me to get off my ass.
swiftnet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived swiftnet!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

^ they do incredibly little to increase oil distribution, they just look good. i did a shit load of studying on it when i had my 750g, decided there was no real point to have them. i mean, if you want your bike to look even cooler, go for it. but don't expect it to make your bike run better. light reading;

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182865

some company that advertises in the streetfighter magazine has knuck links which look way awesomer than a piece of stainless hose, and it doesn't require modifying your top end

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp

Ya, I'm thinking more along those lines now, making my own, hard rather than flex lines. Only think I think I would need to buy is those adapters though.

Built Not Bought

<SOLD<SOLD
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Striking out trying to find those adapters, no luck on anplumbing, they have all male to male adapters.

Still wondering on the drill/tap too?
Right had a look at what i have left of mine they were originaly suppied by Earls Performance products

This is the one of the banjos used

The banjo bolt hole is exactly the same size as any old brake line and the bolt is the same as a brake line too, so if you get 4 of these and the collars and the olives and 2 lengths of brake hose you should be able to make them up without to much difficulty.

You definatly don't need to drill and tap anything! just make sure the banjo bolt has the right thread pitch, i can't find my thread gauge but it looks like 1.25 to me.
if i was you i'd take the cam bolt out your motor to double check.

Good luck if you decide to do it, but like mentioned earlier the don't really do very much, but fuck it they look good.

Here is a link to Earls who i use for alot of my brake and oil cooler supplies cos they are just down the road from me.
http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/
There are a couple of downloadable catalogues and a few techincal pdf's that may be of help to ya.

Lastly if you are seriously looking for a kit that will help the oil circulation to the cams then look at the gixer engine in the pic from this page http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/preasse...llinekits.html
The line that runs from the cams to the lower oil gallery is slightly more benificial than the direct cam to cam link
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

Holeshot.com wants 200 and change for dem biatches
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1200R View Post
Holeshot.com wants 200 and change for dem biatches
That seem abit overpriced to me, over here you can pick them up for between 60-80 at alot of places.
All those fittings are pricey tho, i went to change the fitting on my oil cooler cos the anodizing is looking abit tired and they wanted around 40 for each of the 4 fittings i wanted.
so i won't be getting them anytime soon
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!