Name This Wiring Terminal - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Name This Wiring Terminal

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Name This Wiring Terminal

Just a longshot.

Hoping someone might know what type of terminal this is.

Can't find it anywhere. OEM terminal on the RZ350 Neutral Sensor. Grips tightly onto a 4mm bolt. I think the ring is split so the bolt doesn't have to be removed to install the wire.

May have to find an appropriate ring connector and cut it myself. Or, reuse this cooked terminal.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Name This Wiring Terminal

It’s called a “fork ring terminal”. Go to EasternBeaver.com then Motorcycle Electrical Products > Terminals > 1/4-1/3 way down. They have them for M4, M5 and M6 bolts.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Thanks, Doug. I'm amazed.

When I search for "fork ring terminal," there are zero results.

When I search all terminals, I don't see them anywhere.

Website says they're made by Mitsubishi and Hero in Japan. Trying to figure out if there's another name for them.

The hole size on my OEM piece is 3.5mm. Holds tight on 3.8mm threads. Maybe I need a 3mm size terminal.

Website says 6mm terminal has 6.4mm hole. Website says 4mm terminal has 6.4mm hole. Hard to figure out the sizing.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 11:08 PM   #4
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

If you don't want to wait on the shipping from Japan, I've found this guy to be most excellent, although Eastern Beaver is good as well:

http://www.cycleterminal.com/ring-terminals.html

That's where I've gotten most of my crimping tools, and a bunch of the connectors to replace the fried ones on a GSXR I'm rebuilding...
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Sorry, just realized he has no stock on the split rings.

Still a good source for connectors and terminals though.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

if you can't find the right part, I doubt it'd take too long to modify from a full ring terminal.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Hmm, used to see those on coil wiring on old cars. Like from the 40's and 50's. Doubt that helps you much. I never did understand them. It just seems like a weakened version of a ring. Unless there's a nub they lock in to to keep the terminal from spinning? I think Junkie has the right idea.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #8
646 Sycamore
81XV750
Noobie
Local Time: 10:30 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice646 Sycamore is really nice

Take a look at https://www.restorationstuff.com/featured4.html.
646 Sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 646 Sycamore!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights