Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 45 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #441
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:30 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Looking in to winter tire options. Commercially available studs are super expensive at roughly $1 per stud, and pre-studded tire cost a small fortune. Seriously, like almost $300 each! Saw where guys are using Tapcons secured by 1/4" nuts. Hey! I keep tapcons on the worktruck! I picked up a bunch of 1/4" nuts but felt they were too loose. Exchanged those for some M6 and they were nice and tight. The nuts get crossthreaded on with an impact gun, no notmuch worry of them coming loose. Need more nuts to finish up the front tire, but so far I'm looking at $8 worth of nuts. Cut up a bunch of old tires to make liners to protect the tubes, but they're actually stiff enough that I may try them without tubes at first. I just embezzled the Tapcons from the work truck Cheap ass getting ready for Old Man Winter to freeze the ground.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #442
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

The best kind of loctite... CROSSTHREADS!

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #443
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
The best kind of loctite... CROSSTHREADS!
Exactly!

And I'll say it was a bit alarming how easily I could cut a tire in to ribbons with a razor blade. Almost zero effort. I appreciate light rolling stock, but geez, there's not much between us and the road, really. The knobbys took a bit of muscle to cut, but the street tires were like cutting paper.
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 02:25 AM   #444
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The XR has been cantankerous about starting lately. Dove in to the carb for a cleaning but see anything out of sorts. Checked the valve lash and both intakes were tight. Hmm...

Lucky for me, I get the takeoffs from a local racer. He only runs one race on a tire, so they're practically brand new. I got two new rears, which I don't currently need, but the front tire was a Goldentyre Fatty which lots of guys rave about. Nearly identical tread pattern of the Shinko 546 I've been loving up front, just wider spacing between the lugs. Looking forward to trying this out.

I've picked up some weird trail trash before, but never magnets.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 03:39 AM   #445
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Deffy looks like speedo pickup magnets. Perhaps leaned the bike against someplace where somebody ate shit before?

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #446
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I highly doubt I picked them up around home. I'm wondering if they didn't get kicked up on the street somehow. Was a good chuckle when I realized what they were.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #447
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The bike fired up with 2 kicks after putting it all back together yesterday. 2 kicks on a cold engine is normal for this bike, but it was 60 degrees with the shop heat on. Went to run some errands earlier and wanted to take the XR. Kicked about 20 times and not even a burble. It was 28 degrees and you could tell the engine just didn't want to spin. Kinda annoying
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #448
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Dumped the 20w50 and poured in some 10w40. Fired up pretty quick! Spitting ice but I still got to ride for about an hour. Couldnt feel my fingers to work the clutch Love the front tire and came in all in a good mood. Got a text from Mom and Grandpa is in the hospital coughing up blood. Fuck.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #449
jaybuilt
or just jay

CF Addict
jaybuilt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 9 Times in 2 Posts
jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

shiny I went through the thread last night and had to sleep in today but well worth it my friend.
jaybuilt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jaybuilt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #450
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks, Jay. I appreciate that, man.
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis