Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #51
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: XR400R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
It's a small world. A buddy of mine and his brother/nephew....

Only in your neck of the woods....

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #52
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah...that didn't come out right Close enuff tho.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #53
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Yeah...that didn't come out right Close enuff tho.
Is that what the brother/nephew's mom said at birth?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #54
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Is that what the brother/nephew's mom said at birth?
I think you mean sister...or niece...? Hell, now I'm confused
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #55
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The steering stuff showed up. Seeing it all in person is disappointing. Im sure the damper itself is a nice piece, but all the mounting stuff is lackluster. The top yoke, risers and top clamp bridge are all very nice, but none of them fit together very well. Not considering all this stuff is nearly $700 if bought new.

And this mount for the...stob?...is a joke. The thing with a hex head that looks like a bolt ( it is a bolt) screws in place of the dipstick. The collar that clamps to it is fastened with a tiny 5mm bolt. The collar also has a shoulder that makes sure you can't​ slip it down on to the preexisting, welded on part of the dipstick mount, so if you crank the damper up super stiff it knocks the whole assembly loose. I know, because I tried. Twisting forces being applied to a single bolt that holds all your oil in? Stupid. I can't believe they get almost $100 for this mount alone.

So fuck that. Plan B.

^^^ To be finished tomorrow.

Another gripe. The adjustment knobs are barely held on. The left side clicker is retained only by an o-ring. The right clicker has a plastic cap that just friction fits ( barely) to keep that clicker covered. If the cap happens to come off you've got a teeny tiny spring and steel ball ( the click mechanism) flying off in the woods somewhere. Not well thought out IMO. So I bent a cross bar around to where the clickers are usable while riding, but the caps can't fly/ get knocked off.

You see stuff like this online and it looks so cool and put together, but in person it's shoddy. Step up your fit and finish, Scott's. And the ProTaper SE bars? Super flimsy. They were a monstrous 32" wide. When I went to cut 3" off of them they​ flexed around ridiculous amounts. I'm sure they'll fold up first time the bike gets dropped. Half tempted to throw them in the trash now and buy a nice $20 pair if good ole steelies.

Oh! And the damper doesn't have enough travel in the lever, so you've got to weld up the steering stops so you don't gut the damper I swear if the lever was just 1/4" longer it would have enough travel to jive.

It's obvious these things are super generic and they don't worry too much about sorting out the mounting kits very well. If I'd bought this kit new at full price I would be seriously pissed.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #56
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's such a shame. How do they get away with charging so much!?

I bought cheap aluminium bars for the YZ and they do have a lot more flex than I expected but Flex Bars are the latest thing aren't they?
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #57
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The Rentals that were on the bike were way stiffer, but they were also tweaked. Maybe the flex is ok. Who knows. Apparently the "artisanal" machine work is known/laughed at as Scott's trademark.

The bike had a weld-on steering mount​ thingy when I got it, but it was also a bad design that didn't let you pull the dipstick out without really bending on it.

Fixed all that silliness.

You can't even tell where I blended the paint.......
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #58
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Poor surface finish aside, the steering damper is the shit. I can see why they command the money they do. I was hoping it wasn't just some blingy placebo part, but riding mud today was like... "ooh, ahh! This really works!".

There's more to them than what I thought. They really should advertise their features better.

I instantly wanted​ one for the KLR.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #59
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Come on, Mailman

Magura 167 hydro clutch conversion on the way....I'm so excited I could just pee.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #60
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I got the clutch on and just came back from a 20 mile "test ride".

I would kiss Mr Magura dead on the mouth. Don't care who's watching.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis