FZR 600 RR Build - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 04:54 AM   #41
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:26 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
My various cb-1s had a 1 piece tail stock. You had to flex it just a little to get it over the frame and regulator. Over time they always cracked in the corner where you have to flex them a bit. Never had that on a CBR900 with 3 piece tail.
Don't worry. I trimmed the subframe so the tail slides on without flexing. I imagine it might crack over time anyway but the rear piece was a mess (all mounting points cracked or missing), one side was cracked and the other had the locating tabs missing.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #42
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

These carbs are looking really good actually:

Needles 1 & 4 are different to 2 & 3. I'm guessing that's coz the ram air affects the outer cylinders differently as the non-ram air Foxeye and FZS use the same needles across all cylinders. That's my theory anyway. So as I'm not running ram air, I plan to use the same needle for each cylinder. Good idea?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #43
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Thought I was being clever when I bough an R1 rear master coz it looked the same as the 3TJ one but then I noticed how much longer the threaded bit on the plunger is:

So I swapped em:

These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #44
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:26 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Plenty of il4 bikes have different jetting to run the middle two cylinders richer to keep them cool. Vfr400s ran the rear bank richer for same reason.

Ones 14mm, other 1/2" (12mm maybe), if I read it right?

May not matter but if you find the rear brake pedal travels too far or is squishy , that'll be why.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #45
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

That's it, the R1 is 1/2" and 3TJ is 14mm. The plan is to use the R1 rear caliper which I have but I need to make a carrier for it as the disc I'm using is bigger than the R1. For now this setup will hopefully be OK.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #46
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Plenty of il4 bikes have different jetting to run the middle two cylinders richer to keep them cool. Vfr400s ran the rear bank richer for same reason
So you reckon keep the needles as they are for now? The mains and pilots are the same for all cylinders and I was looking to sort of replicate the jetting of the non ram air bikes using basically the same engine but I totally take your point and am not looking to cook the engine.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2019, 02:16 AM   #47
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:26 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Not sure on that specific model, just saying he reason for the mismatch may not be ramair.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #48
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Not sure on that specific model, just saying he reason for the mismatch may not be ramair.
Got it. I'll rebuild the carbs all stock and go from there. If I can mod the airbox to fit then hopefully the jetting won't be too far off coz the only engine mod is the exhaust.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 10:55 AM   #49
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Got a minty Thundercat horn:

And I hope I can lift the frame onto the engine with the carbs fitted coz they're on there:

Just ignore the stator cover. Looks like I found it on the beach.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #50
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Thundercat radiator:

It's a bit bent but looks good otherwise. I can't use an FZR radiator coz the Tcat engine has oil cooler lines going to the rad whereas the FZR does not. So I gotta get this radiator to work with my frame. First problem is the top mounts are perpendicular to how I need them. 2nd is apparently the fan doesn't fit so I might need to move the rad forwards. And the bottom of the rad hits the front wheel so I need to move the rad backwards...... hm.

Thinking ahead, I plan to have a small overflow bottle from the nipple by the cap and block off the nipple below that which would usually go to a reservoir in the tail:

I think that's how it's done on a fighter, right?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes