ITS ALIVE.... - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ITS ALIVE....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
vfrgy
GURU
CF Addict
vfrgy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:50 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
vfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nicevfrgy is really nice
Default Re: ITS ALIVE....

i like the idea of gauges on the tank ya gonna glass em in or how are they to be mounted. congrats on gettin er started and rideable.

fighter
fuck it go hard throttle ending recked
vfrgy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

GDogg007's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 72
Flipped Off 58 Times in 33 Posts
GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

IF I can get the speedo cable to reach I am gonna glass em to the tank. Right now I am tryin to figure out the exact spot and all that cause the current location is completely blocked when I am at speed.

I just finished mounting my new headlight package on the front (zip ties again.) after fabbing a plug to plug it into the factory headlight clip.

I took it for a small ride and everyone was right. I gotta get some brighter bulbs for that light set up but it does work. Also found out that my rear left blinker has a blown bulb. But aside from that I am street legal.
GDogg007 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
daxabone
GURU
CF Addict
daxabone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 109
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
daxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of light

zip ties FTW . congrats and cant wait to see those gauges glassed. good job.
daxabone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #14
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thank you Adam for movin this over here. Since I got the sucker runnin I caint stop workin on it. Everytime I do anything I have to take it and ride it down the street and back.

Blurry pic of my chain guard with the new license plate bracket.
I made this bracket to mount next to the chain guard then took the old front flush mount turn signal and adapted it to light my future plate.

Close up of my beautiful L bracket and the flatened out L bracket extension.

The front side view.

Pic of the new headlight setup again zip tied to the forks till I can get the brackets for mounting it.

And for good measure I turned it on.

I stole the tag bracket off the Ninja project. I ran the wires for the light along the swingarm and up the frame for now. This is all more of a proof of concept than a permanent fixture. IF I had any way to do mirrors right now I would but sadly the ones off the Ninja are HUGE and I want somethin a lil smaller.

I will prolly add more later tonight as I am on the clock at work but its a very slow night so I will WORK on my bike. LOL
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #15
Fathead_03
Flashburnt
CF Pimp
Fathead_03's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Flip Offs: 145
Flipped Off 35 Times in 30 Posts
Fathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud of

Lookin good man. Glad to hear all the excitement. Im looking forward to that day. Hopefully it comes up in the next month or so. Congrats, keep it coming!

Build Threads
2009 Winter Buildoff CBR Build Thread
After-Buildoff CBR Build Thread
CB750 Hardtail Bobber Build "Old's Cool"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
someone died ban everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbwstripes View Post
I like carbon peaking through the paint. It's like side boob.
Fathead_03 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #16
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

This is it for tonight. The woman wants me to spend some time away from the mistress.

So I couldn't stand havin my gauges just hangin there. So I did somethin about it.

I had an empty kitty litter bucket.

I turned it into a pod holder. It works really well. I took it for a nice lil test run and everything rode very well.

I am still thinking tank mount will look good but I may leave em in the current location as they are alot easier to see when riding. So far everything is working extremely well. I have to do some minor work on the connectors I made for the factory headlight plug. But nothing major.
This user High Fived GDogg007!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

So thanks to ZIG'S B4 I got me an SV fender. The bracket didn't fit "perfect" but hey its a street fighter. I made it fit.

Before the grinding.

Preparing to remove some metal.

Removing some metal.

The sexiest thing ya ever did see. Yes the wooden mallet is there for gentle persuasion of the bracket.

Closeup of my bracket SNUGLY fit in between the forks. No screws required this thing aint goin no where.

Rode it 14 miles today too. Nothing failed. Everything was very smooth. Need to adjust the clutch a very small tweak and the idle a very small tweak. It definitely needs to have the carbs synced and all that good stuff. But its a champ.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
daxabone
GURU
CF Addict
daxabone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 109
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
daxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007 View Post
This is it for tonight. The woman wants me to spend some time away from the mistress.

So I couldn't stand havin my gauges just hangin there. So I did somethin about it.

I had an empty kitty litter bucket.

I turned it into a pod holder. It works really well. I took it for a nice lil test run and everything rode very well.

I am still thinking tank mount will look good but I may leave em in the current location as they are alot easier to see when riding. So far everything is working extremely well. I have to do some minor work on the connectors I made for the factory headlight plug. But nothing major.
ha ha. easy, fast, and cheap. sounds perfect.
oh and the fact that it works well is nice too
daxabone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #19
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

So I aint updated this thread in a lil while. I been DW'n though.

Sooooooo.....

We recovered my seat. 6 dollars for a yard of vinyl at Hobby Lobby. 1 hour at my buddies house.

Then we decided I needed a gas gauge. But I don't need to check it all the time. So its mounted in the void the air box once filled. Again the kitty litter container came in handy.

This is Crash dw'n drawin some flames on my fender and coloring them in with.... You guessed it a Sharpie. It looks sick too. LOL

We taped it off and rattle canned it then clear rattle canned it.

Did the same for the tank after the Sharpie job just didn't quite cut it.

Gettin it from behind.

Then the side.

Not half bad for 2 guys with nuttin better to do.

More to come when I get my tail.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #20
Wolfman

CF Pimp
Wolfman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 23 Times in 17 Posts
Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

how many colors are you making it ???

I does what I likes and I likes what I do

My build : http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=8919
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes