Newby mistakes! - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Newby mistakes!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
AXISMODE
Fighterer
AXISMODE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
AXISMODE is a NOOB
Default Re: Newby mistakes!

3 years ago, I had bought my very first street bike. It was a red 2003 CBR600 F4i and it was sick. I was so excited...maybe a little to excited, I was showing it to my then g/f in the garage. I sat on it, leveled it so both my feet would barely touched the ground, and started. It was all good until I forgot that those 2 wheel jobbies have a kick stand on one side only...stupid engineers!
Anyway, i dropped it and fucked up the paint, mirror, and turn signal on my just of the showroom floor bike.

Oh yeah, I didnt get to keep the bike long (4 months), my buddy wanted to take it around the block. So I gave him the keys and off he went....an hour went by and nothing. So we go down the street and we found him. He thought it would better in the trunk of a toyota corrolla.

www.youtube.com/mqunlimited

Sourthern Cali MOFO
AXISMODE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #12
CBR420
Fighter
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Flipped Off 19 Times in 19 Posts
CBR420 is a good noobieCBR420 is a good noobie

This is the dumbest mistakes I have ever made.
A little over a year ago I was at a friend’s house calling "fire missions" and at about 2am I decide to ride home on my 600RR. After I warm up the bike my friend comes out and tells me he wants to see me do a trick riding past his house and at this point I am not all that coherent but I said I will just race past his house and he settles for this. So I go down the block and turn around to race past his house and I let a car go past me and he go’s down the street and pulls off the side of the road so I start hauling ass down the road and all of a sudden the car pulls right out in front of me. I slammed on the front brake way to fast and I went airborne for a few seconds watching my bike scrap across the pavement. THAT SUCKED!!!!! After I recover my senses I go and get my bike and walk it to my friend’s house when a cop comes to see what is going on. After seeing what happened the cop left us alone, figuring that we had learned are lesson.
Moral of the story: Never listen to your dumb ass friends and don’t ride after “fire Missions”
CBR420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
BigRed875
CF Addict
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Flipped Off 35 Times in 35 Posts
BigRed875 is making some friendsBigRed875 is making some friendsBigRed875 is making some friendsBigRed875 is making some friendsBigRed875 is making some friends

whats a fire mission?

i cant think of any real newb mistakes I have made....does looping a wheelie at 70 count?
BigRed875 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #14
CBR420
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed875
whats a fire mission?

This should answer your question.

The term comes from Forward Observers in the Army.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
catman
(cheers smiley goes here)

CF Pimp
catman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
catman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to behold
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 

oN MY BIRTHDAY . 8/17........ last year. I had several friends waiting at my house when i got off work about 12 am. They knew i always take a ride after work late at night and this was my birthday soooo they knew i was game. After giving a short be smart and safe cuz it's my birhday talk we proceded to ride like hell !! I will always do highway wheelies for them as they are not good at them at all. I rode several wheeelies and acted a fool stoppieing at every light we came to. I had sold my fzr 1000 to my then roommate, who was riding his new girlfriend of 1 week on the back. He was used to a 600 huricane ???? anyways he pulled up next to me at about 45 downshifted without letting his passenger know and dropped the clutch this dumped the girl who was wearing shorts and a tube top; right in front of my front wheel. I barely swerved to miss her sliding on her back the same speed as my....fucking eary !!
She slid down the road for 100 feet or so and smacked all wrapped up against a fire hydrent. My ex friend was still nailing it oblivious to her falling off ??? I turned around fast, talked to her, checked her out !! Turns out they had all been drinking before i got to my house. So they all freak out put her bleeding and yelling back on the bike and to MY HOUSE WTF.??? I ask her if she hit her head and was assured she didn't only rash.. It was bullshit. My roomy was drunk sooo I had to doctor her up while he puked in the can. She woke up wit a knot on her head and i took her to the ER the next morning. She had a broken hip, fractured arm, lots of rash. I felt bad for her, but at the same time she was hot and she took care of me for all the help on the way home from the hospital. Next week i kicked my roommate out. then had to fist fight him and his twin brother at the same time. What a piece of shit !!!!!

Fear Knocked on the door, Faith answered , but noone was there ?

SAME SHIFT , DIFFERENT GEAR
catman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #16
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman
oN MY BIRTHDAY . 8/17........ last year. I had several friends waiting at my house when i got off work about 12 am. They knew i always take a ride after work late at night and this was my birthday soooo they knew i was game. After giving a short be smart and safe cuz it's my birhday talk we proceded to ride like hell !! I will always do highway wheelies for them as they are not good at them at all. I rode several wheeelies and acted a fool stoppieing at every light we came to. I had sold my fzr 1000 to my then roommate, who was riding his new girlfriend of 1 week on the back. He was used to a 600 huricane ???? anyways he pulled up next to me at about 45 downshifted without letting his passenger know and dropped the clutch this dumped the girl who was wearing shorts and a tube top; right in front of my front wheel. I barely swerved to miss her sliding on her back the same speed as my....fucking eary !!
She slid down the road for 100 feet or so and smacked all wrapped up against a fire hydrent. My ex friend was still nailing it oblivious to her falling off ??? I turned around fast, talked to her, checked her out !! Turns out they had all been drinking before i got to my house. So they all freak out put her bleeding and yelling back on the bike and to MY HOUSE WTF.??? I ask her if she hit her head and was assured she didn't only rash.. It was bullshit. My roomy was drunk sooo I had to doctor her up while he puked in the can. She woke up wit a knot on her head and i took her to the ER the next morning. She had a broken hip, fractured arm, lots of rash. I felt bad for her, but at the same time she was hot and she took care of me for all the help on the way home from the hospital. Next week i kicked my roommate out. then had to fist fight him and his twin brother at the same time. What a piece of shit !!!!!
wow....

i couldn't even imagine that happening.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:23 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

holy fuck dude
did your roomate get charged
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #18
catman
(cheers smiley goes here)

CF Pimp
catman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
catman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to behold
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
holy fuck dude
did your roomate get charged
Nope the assholes took off and went back to my house. I was still riding around looking for them and checking hospitals and stuff. I was pissed because they told me she wasn't hurt and hadn't hit her head and i didn't want her to stay the night either but she did. They lied to me about how hurt she was then let her fall asleep in my house. That and having to handle it myself on my birthday, then it turning into a fist fight the next day. And i always look at shit like that like they almost killed me and i get mad about that shit !!

I seperate myself from idiots like that.

Fear Knocked on the door, Faith answered , but noone was there ?

SAME SHIFT , DIFFERENT GEAR
catman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #19
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

lets see. . . i have a couple.

im sure you've all seen my first loopin of the wheelie on the RUI page.

oh i got a good one.

so i had like 7 or 8 bikes in my garage last winter to early spring. so i kept my 929 in a spot where i could get it out and the rest of the bikes wherever. there was pretty much 4 bikes wide at one spot. so i had the 929 up on the pitbull stands to lube the chain up. so i gave it a quick honda polish while it was up there, then checked the chain prior to going out on a ride. so everythings good. shes lookin all hot and lubed up, so i get my gear on and let the bike down off the stand. roll the stand outta the way, then i go to lean the bike on its side stand..leaning leaning to just..about....there........oh...shit...wait...... .....FUCK bam! 929 falls over onto some old turd POS bsa that was sitting there taking up space with its nasty rusty ass. the bar put at least a foot long gouge in the mint tank.

i was not happy. i was actually very mad. i rode the bike like i was mad for a while after that.....until i hit sand at a high rate of speed and got high sided into the woods!

lessons learned:
1) when using stands MAKE sure your kickstand is down before you take them off. ( mine was up so i could run the bike in gear on the stand to lube the chain)
2) dont ride angry.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #20
CBR420
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam
2) dont ride angry.
Great advice. Whenever I am pissed my riding suffers so much!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion