Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > Past FOTM Contests > 2007 Fighter of the Month Contests

2007 Fighter of the Month Contests All of the 2007 FOTM Entry and Voting threads are in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist

Wow thanks ab420, Id like to think my bike captures the true essence of streetfighters, as I feel they are and should be, all go, not for show.
So what do I do now....Post some pictures I guess...
So future plans.....it turns out ive got a local guy whos gonna help me set up a T-25 with the Velocity kit and Turbo Bike Research kit., @ 7psi - 200-230 rwhp, should make this bike a little more fun.
allso Im getting the rear subframe recut on a water jet, im gonna include some cool lookin cutouts instead of the holes, im thinking the nuckle duster design,

it started life as a srad 750, but its had a few mods since, the subframe was removed cause it was ugly and I made a subframe out of aluminium 3/8 plate and tig welded it together,

The original seat was stripped of its upolstry and cut down then redone.

The aluminium tail fin is from a ducati monster, the plastic part was 480 canadian but the aluminium peice was 80 bucks so I bought two and made a nose fairing out of one of them, front fender is ducati monster.

I had to replace the oil cooler, because it was damaged, I used a chevy aftermarket, transmission cooler, with braided lines, and anodised fittings, and mounted to the forks under the lights.

The tank was stripped of all its paint, and then emeryclothed for a brushed look, then car waxed, its been out in call kinds of weather and shows no sign of rusting, allso the K2 1000 gas pump was retrofited in to the srad tank, not a easy task.

The motor is a stock 2002 gixer 1000, none of the srad mounts worked with the k2 motor, and adapter plates had to be made for the top mounts, for the rear bottom mount i had to shave 1/8 of a inch off each side of the engine mount on the crank case, the top rear mount had to be removed from the frame then a new mount was fabricated and tigged on

Yoshimura bolt on was cut down to 300mm, and a TRE was fitted,
remaped and giving 142 bhp at the rear wheel @ the dyno, the 1000 dona had only 4000 kilometres on it when i bought it.

Because the srads shorter wheel base and it tends to wheelie on demand, and I was caught off gaurd on my debut ride with rollon wheelie in 3rd at about 60kmph .

The top Tripple Tree was drilled and Bar risers from a Yamaha Virago were mounted, the pull back design worked out great for clearance to the adjusters.

The bars are KX 250 items and wide, just like I like em.

handle bar mirror is a CRG, and dosnt move at any speed its awesome and I really recomend, , all the cables are of standard length and didnt need lengthening apart from the stainless steel front brake lines that I had made up,

Heres what I started with

total cost so far $2400 canadian dollars

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britjoe
Wow thanks ab420
So what do I do now....Post some pictures I guess...
Don't thank me... it was totally random!

Yea... I forgot to give you guys the details on these threads.. ( I just updated the Semi-Finalist announcement thread)

here's what ya do:

post 3-4 good pics of your bike
a list of modifications done to the bike
if you want, you can write a short history of the bike as well
dyno slips, time slips from drag races, anything like that which might influence people into voting for you... post it up!
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
katana john
OLD GUY's RULE
CF Pimp
katana john's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 277
Flipped Off 92 Times in 62 Posts
katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Linkmasters 

ALL RIGHT JOE.....
katana john is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

so did I win, what do I win, and if I didnt why, and hey 2 posts, damn you all hate me and my stupid bike.....

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
This user High Fived Britjoe!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

we didnt vote yet

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

I voted for your bike BritJoe, I'm all about it dude.
What did you make your subframe out of?

Dedication > Guts > Money > Luck > Talent
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #7
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

We have a shop here that you can buy small amounts of surplus metals,(metal Supermarket) I bought a 4ft long 6 inch wide x 3/8 peice of 6030 aluminium $30 canadian. and cut the shapes on my 150 dollar band saw, it takes the weight of my arse fine.

Im just about to get them recut on a water jet for 45 bucks aside, just to make them look nicer, cause there was a evolution on the subframe, that I want to tidy up.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

It's wicked.

Dedication > Guts > Money > Luck > Talent
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
svfighter
YOUR A TOWEL
Fighter
svfighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
svfighter is a NOOB

I like it alot. rough but refined. keep up the work.

"Chip I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!!!!"
svfighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

joe, i never realized what you started with, you should update the pics and put your new subframe pics up here.
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > Past FOTM Contests > 2007 Fighter of the Month Contests