Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > Past FOTM Contests > 2007 Fighter of the Month Contests

2007 Fighter of the Month Contests All of the 2007 FOTM Entry and Voting threads are in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2007, 04:01 AM   #11
madmaxx650
Fighter
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
madmaxx650 is a NOOB
Default Re: Britjoe Fighter of the Month Semi-Finalist

man i would love to be able to find a deal like that (under $3k canadian wow i cannot even find a wreacked bike for less than $3k)

mad props on the bike tho and if you ever want to sell it im here
lol
madmaxx650 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:04 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I guess my original website isnt there anymore, so I thought id post some old and new pictures of my bike, still aint sick of the damn thing and its basicly its the best bike ive owned.

though at the moment I cant ride cause ive busted my left thumb and cant use my clutch gawd damit.

any how,
it all started with a handsome Gixer 1K that wasnt mine

I actually spoke to the guy that crashed the bike and though he was in hospital for a while, he was ok and is still riding and living in BC.
after his misshap

2005 After I bought the bike and started to strip it
I striped the srad sold the parts I didnt need and got to work the first mod was to drill the triples and use a set of virago risers

Oct 2005, I soon relised Id need a new rolling chassis as the frame was tweaked at its head stock

The stock subframe had to go so I fabed up a tempory one out of some 3/8 aluminium

When I got the subrame how I like it I had it lazer cut

The tank was stripped with air craft paint striper then waxed with car wax in the four years iv had the bike it isnt showing any signs of rusting, occaisionly i will remove all the wax with paint thinner and brush the tank with a wire brush
and rewax it.

I used a Ducati Monster tail fin, on the rear, and decided the price is right $80 canadian, to use another fro the front mini fairing to hide some wires and tidy it up a little

The exhaust bracket, needed work, I wasnt totaly happy with it, and I drilled some wholes, in the mini fairing, inspired by the wholes in the fireblade's fairing I really liked., oh I allso decided that it needed something and installed carbon fibre lookin decals that i designed my self by cutting out on plain paper and converting them in to cad format by copying them with a scanner, and tracing the out lines, then sending them to the decal 3m store.

I rode the bike for a while discovng that it wouldnt rev over 9000 RPM
I decided it must be something to do with the induction, I guess it needed the induction tubes, so I went about
cutting the stock ones down.

I still wasnt happy, and the bike wasnt reving like it should so I took the bike by the horns, and used a set of after market induction tubes from a honda Civic AWOOOOWHA it worked, and the bike screams al the way through to red line

SO I tidied the exhaust hanger, and made up a mount that works well, the front induction works well and isnt to everyones taste, but im more about function over form anyhow, and I think it allmost looks like the motorhead logo from the front.....

So its Been four years, its had its ups and downs, a blown motor, finding out I had to remake all the engine mounts,
My bike I guess will never be finished its allways a work in progress, maybe one day ill even paint it, who knows.

Theres additions, the rear sets, the rear brake resivour, I think I stole the idea from here, thanks for the inspiration and making this site available people.

CUstom fighters RoCKs

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Britjoe!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
katana john
OLD GUY's RULE
CF Pimp
katana john's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 277
Flipped Off 92 Times in 62 Posts
katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Linkmasters 

Still one of my favorites Joe.
katana john is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
OldSarge
GURU

Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OldSarge is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

this is a very nice project. you are a true artist.
OldSarge is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Still here, I didnt realise I guess I was the first fighter of the month, changed alot since I got the Honour of that, maybe I should re-enter,
Just Kidding, the builds since have just been getting better and better

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Britjoe!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > Past FOTM Contests > 2007 Fighter of the Month Contests