Yamaha R1 turbo - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Yamaha R1 turbo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Sukkaha
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to behold
Default Yamaha R1 turbo

Time for the next fighter build. Back in the day I had a turbo R1-98 and had lots of fun on it.
So I couldnīt resist buying this one after a test ride. Really missed the feeling and sound of a turbo on boost. Almost made me feel like 20 again. Forgot the fun factor of being smacked in the face by the handlebar when going 200+kph and whack the throttle open.

This will probably be a really slow build as itīs in running condition. Probably just scout for parts until this winter.

I would like to have fake air scoops like on the mt-10 and some radiator wings. Donīt really like how the frame looks without fairings.

Tail is probably going to be from a later model R6 or maybe R25.

Maybe different swingarm. Suggestions for easy swaps on all points greatly appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sukkaha is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sukkaha!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer
jnimbostratus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 PM
jnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yamaha R1 turbo

Man I sure do love turbo bikes. I Plan to build another one soon and hoping for it to be an r1. As far as suggestions for easy swaps i can be of no help considering I dont think I have ever done any swap of Nykind the easy way but good luck, do work and boost away.

Did you build your last turbo r1 or bought it that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post

Wrench, ride, repeat...It's the life...
jnimbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #3
Sukkaha
Fighter In Training
Sukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to beholdSukkaha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnimbostratus View Post
Man I sure do love turbo bikes. I Plan to build another one soon and hoping for it to be an r1. As far as suggestions for easy swaps i can be of no help considering I dont think I have ever done any swap of Nykind the easy way but good luck, do work and boost away.

Did you build your last turbo r1 or bought it that way?
I built my first turbo bike many years back it was also a carbed 1998 R1. This one i purchased with a turbo already on it. The system looks well built and the turbo is a bit larger than my old bike.

A friend with a new aprilia rsvr rf took my old turbo for a testdrive. He was happy and sweaty when he came back. My aprilia feels like a moped now was one of his comments and also effin hell!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2019, 03:19 AM   #4
Sukkaha
Fighter In Training

First purchase on itīs way. Headlight.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

98-00 R1 was the first bike I ever totally tore down and reassmbled. I always liked that big swoopy relief up on that delta-box frame myself.

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2019, 06:54 AM   #6
Sukkaha
Fighter In Training

Some parts have arrived.
Headlight, mini oled display, mini afr gauge, battery and a 40mm boost gauge.
R6-06 tail and seat is on itīs way and won a bid on some radiator covers/tank wings of a late model ktm 125.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
This user High Fived Sukkaha!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2019, 03:57 AM   #7
Sukkaha
Fighter In Training

R6-06 tail vs R1-98.
Waiting for the seat to arrive so I can line it up with the tank. The subframe on the R1 is huge.

[IMG][/IMG]
This user High Fived Sukkaha!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes