Matty`s XJR 1300 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s XJR 1300

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:48 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Matty`s XJR 1300

Keep yer knickers on not a whole lot of nothing happening here for a while still as I`m basically still just getting to know the whole bike before doing any mods anyone would deem worthy of the word but figured I`d document my journey from the beginning neverhteless.

So far only got like 250km on the bike, 50 of which to ride it home and the rest to take it for a single ride mostly through the rain. Bike performed more or less well but one known fault so far is it will be needing a fresh set of carb boots as they seem badly cracked. Here`s hoping they`ll hold for a bit still as I`m going on a wee roadtrip the coming weekend to see my godson and his parents about 350km away.

The first thing I did to the bike was to add a bit more firepower to the front as even though the headlight is big it isn`t providing a whole helluva lot of light.

Here`s one with the original high beam...

...and this is high beam with the LED bar. I rest my case.

Keeping the coming trip in mind I figured might as well get her on the table and get to know her more proper as TBH right now I`m seeing the vibe of the bike but not feeling it.

Well hello hello hello what do we have here. After about an hour if throrough degreasing, soaking, scrubbing and wiping some glitter is starting to show through. The back end was covered in crap deep enough that I did not know of either the polished rim hoop or the steel colored chain. I`m starting to like it much better already. Gonna let it vapor off til tomorrow then get a proper coating of chain grease in there but even without it`s already rolling lighter than coming in.

I`ll make a stunner of her yet, just takes a bit of spit n polish over the white months.

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2020, 01:52 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s XJR 1300

self amalgamating tape, or duct tape and cable ties around boots for your trip?

shady as fuck i know, but if it does the job
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2020, 05:29 AM   #3
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

What they say, if it's stupid but works it's not stupid. Planning to take all three with me. Though looking at the forecasts it's promising a fairly wet weekend, don't mind a light drizzle but if it's bucketing down might chicken out and just take the van

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Not much of an update but still, popped by my friend`s dealership last night to go over the paperwork and did the insurance company/Trafi dance today (thank heavens all that fuckery can be done online these days) So as of about 30mins ago the bike is officially mine to do as I damn well please with it. Some minor mods like clubman handlebars and a different tail will probly be coming over the next winter but likely will be keeping the mods fairly light for now as I got other projects planned I both want to do and could potentially actually profit from, more of those if I manage to find the frames somewhere cheap enough and in good enough condition to save (has to be steel I can`t weld loominum so old)

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion