Hiking Photos - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hiking Photos

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #11
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Flip Offs: 189
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Hiking Photos

After a couple of fun hours in the truck, I got to the trailhead.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #12
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #13
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:43 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I love the old mining stuff. I'm surprised that there's a mine cart outside of the mine that hasn't been stolen.

What were they mining?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #14
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I love the old mining stuff. I'm surprised that there's a mine cart outside of the mine that hasn't been stolen.

What were they mining?
It's incredible how much of the metal is left after the recycling days in World War 2.

They mined lead, zinc, copper and silver in the area, but were never very successful at it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #15
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:43 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Guess it’s true what they say about the woods out there...they look like dinosaurs still live there!
Amazing place to be hiking! Good shit. Can’t wait til I get out there to check some out.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 10:32 PM   #16
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Fucking amazing pics!

Thank you, bro.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #17
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Man I'd reeeally need a hefty dose of that right now... Watching these is almost like leafing through a holiday brochure of a place you could never afford...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-04-2019, 01:52 AM   #18
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Just getting around to post these photos, there aren't too many due to starting just before dusk and turning around.

Heed the warnings? Fack no! I've already been on the last mile of the trail and it's not that bad, in normal / wet conditions.

Get to see life coming out of some wind fall.

So I started the hike and it was snowing lightly at the trailhead. Knowing it was going to be cold, I had packed a few thermal layers. Being me, I chose that hike to try out sleeping with a wool blanket and mylar blanket instead of a decent sleeping bag. Definitely messaged my mom that I was going to be stupid just before heading out on the trail.

The leaves are getting heavy and are accepting of their fate for the next 6 months.

I got about 3 miles into the 6 mile trail (before the junction I was going to take for another 14 miles to the truck) when I got to a bit more dense snow and didn't want to climb the next ridge before hunkering down for the night.
9 hours later of freeing my ass off, light came back (no sun, total cloud cover).

I donned my second thermal layer and then my outer thermals and was still freezing.

It was cold enough that there was still a pile of snow under where my tent was...

It took me half a mile to get heat back in my fingers and toes. I had decided with nothing to fall back on and no idea what was awaiting me 2000 feet higher in elevation, it was time to go back to the truck and try for the connecting trails the next weekend.

This is Tom Dick and Harry Mountain with snow on the top.

Somewhere behind the trees on the left is the little hill that I am playing on.

This weekend I am heading to the southeast area of Mt. Hood and will be attempting to cross to the southwest (this trail's connector) all the way to the northeast area and back to the truck in 2 days. Should only be 29 miles and I can get as early a start as I desire.
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-04-2019, 02:14 AM   #19
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

This is a hike from late August that I posted a few photos in the Random Thoughts thread, but wanted to share them here as well.

The overall goal is to complete pretty much all of the trails shown on this map and more.

Trail starts off nice and easy, you drop 500-600 feet into this canyon and cross an alpine river in your first mile.

Then you climb 500-600 feet out of the canyon to look back at your starting point not too far away in your second mile.

There are so many little ecosystems on Mt Hood, it is really amazing to explore them.

A couple decades ago, a fire came through the area and devastated the landscape near Cloud Cap Inn. (Cloud Cap Inn is a Search and Rescue base camp for alpine rescuers known as Crag Rats. Very cool building that was saved from the fire and rebuilt after the Forest Service donated it to the Crag Rats.)

Have to keep looking up. I have told myself that I am not going to chase the summit, but won't turn down a request to join someone else to the top. As long as I keep to that, I should spare myself the expense of truly technical mountaineering gear.

Back in the New Deal, the CCC came through and made this amazing trail network. As base camps, they made these shelters that are much more isolated from the weather than the ones back in New Mexico.

A few weeks prior to this, I stopped here for sunset and walked into a Bob Ross painting on my way back to the truck.

This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-04-2019, 02:14 AM   #20
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Bedded down for the night in a patch of trees.

Next morning I headed directly up hill for a few thousand feet of elevation.

Had an absolutely gorgeous place to refill my water and eat breakfast looking into the fog rolling through.

A little further up, Mt. Adams peaked his head out of the clouds.

With that done, I headed back the trail I came from.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion