Welding and other joining arts - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Welding and other joining arts

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
Espen
Fighter
Espen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:25 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Espen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of lightEspen is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Welding and other joining arts

Anyone here tried to migweld aluminium with a spoolgun? considering buying one but dont know how easy it is to get a good weld. i have not much experience welding aluminium but alot on migwelding steel. will mostly be for welding small brackets and tacking parts together so i can get someone to tig weld after.
Espen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

I think you can do small things like that running high pressure of argon but I know shit about welding. I just got my mig and am buying argon soon so I'm interested if I'm right or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:25 AM
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

They work ok but it takes A LOT of practice to get good with one. Dont expect to buy one and produce quality welds day 1.

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #14
xci.ed6
The Honda Guy
Fighterer
Local Time: 07:25 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
xci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of light

Built entire working car chassis, 20" bicycle wheel/electric drive, with an aluminum spool gun and argon. In high school.

I didn't see much about JB Weld!

I'll read some of those during normal times.
xci.ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal