DIY cam-to-cam oilers? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:19 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

Cam-to-Cam oilers for the old oil boiler gixxers.

These things are super simple, 2 banjo heads and bolts and a 4" piece of braided line. They can't be too hard to make. I just don't know what size banjos, line, and how or where to get the pieces fit together.

Anyone want to enlighten me on a cheap easy way to make my own? Even if I could just find the banjo bolts I could probly come up with something on my own.

Anyone?

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:19 AM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

The one's you are on about are the same as the ones i used to have on my fighter, the braided lines are just regular brake lines and i think the banjos are regular brake banjos as well, i still have the old cam to cam links in my tool box, i'll mesure them up for ya in a couple of hours and post it up here for ya.
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Sven
Strassenkämpfer for life

CF Addict
Sven's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to all
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

2 x 100mm AN4 hose with 20 degree banjos
4 x cam link reducing adapters - M14x1.25 => 10 x1.25 (or anything else to clear the head)
4 x M10x1.25 metric bolts
12 x washers (aluminium)

Sven is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sven!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:19 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Is that something you have to to a drill and tap to install? I don't have a GSXR, but knowing what it is might give some inspiration on other fronts.

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Sven
Strassenkämpfer for life

CF Addict
Sven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Is that something you have to to a drill and tap to install? I don't have a GSXR, but knowing what it is might give some inspiration on other fronts.
Yes, either drill and tap or you need somebody with a lathe to have special banjos made
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
daxabone
GURU
CF Addict
daxabone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 109
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
daxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of light

nice. thanks sven i was wandering the same thing. you think these would be the same sizes for my b6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
"son, do you have an addiction problem?"

"Yes sir. I keep making a motorcycle faster and spending all my money on it. I cant stop and its ruining my life."
R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

Dax's Bandit 600SF-Sold
2006 Suzuki DRZ SM
daxabone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
Sven
Strassenkämpfer for life

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxabone View Post
nice. thanks sven i was wandering the same thing. you think these would be the same sizes for my b6?
Supposedly yes, all the oil boiler heads are pretty much the same regarding outline dimensions.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
daxabone
GURU
CF Addict
daxabone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 109
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
daxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of light

i thought so. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
"son, do you have an addiction problem?"

"Yes sir. I keep making a motorcycle faster and spending all my money on it. I cant stop and its ruining my life."
R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

Dax's Bandit 600SF-Sold
2006 Suzuki DRZ SM
daxabone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Buy your parts here:

www.anplumbing.com

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Thanks Sven and Gixerman.

I'm not following on one thing though, what needs drilled and tapped? I haven't torn into the motor, or even really taken a good look at that part of the manual even to be honest. I was under the impression you could just remove the 2 bolts at those locations on each side of the head and replace them with adapters/banjos. So where does the drilling and tapping come in? Are you talking about the adapters?

And where can you find those cam link reducing adapters, or do they have to be from the kit?

Edit: I'll check that out SEB

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!