busa to zl - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps

Fork Swaps Fork and Front End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > busa to zl

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
STREETSLAYER
STREETSLAYER
Fighter
STREETSLAYER's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 3 Posts
STREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of light
Default busa to zl

anyone done a front end swap on an eliminator? I would like to swap a busa front end on mine...wanting to know about the bearings and all!! THANKS!!

EAT MY ROOST!!
STREETSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
Reaver
Piston broke
Senior Fighterer
Reaver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:51 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: busa to zl

Stem swap,press out yours and press it into Busa yokes,then you keep your stock bearings......check the lengths though,I'd have thought your forks would be a bit longer than Busa ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
I've met many dedicated long term bikers who bought a Vmax and sold it a fortnight later cos the vboost scared the shit out of them. one, sadly, for real real, not for play play. dude actually doogied his huggies.

Zephyr stage 1 build

Zephyr stage 1 discussion
Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
STREETSLAYER
STREETSLAYER
Fighter
STREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of lightSTREETSLAYER is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,didnt think of doing that way!! The zl forks are longer but weak and twist alot! even with the fork brace...i like the looks of the bigger forks and then i can also run the busa rim and bigger front rotor and caliper!! need all the stopping power i can get with this 1040 engine in this old bike!!

EAT MY ROOST!!
STREETSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Reaver
Piston broke
Senior Fighterer
Reaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of lightReaver is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah,would help!

Worst case you might need a stepped yoke up top. How long are your forks top to spindle?

Quote:
I've met many dedicated long term bikers who bought a Vmax and sold it a fortnight later cos the vboost scared the shit out of them. one, sadly, for real real, not for play play. dude actually doogied his huggies.

Zephyr stage 1 build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

busa forks are too short for your bike. You will most definitely need either a stepped triple or longer forks

the tl1000s forks are the longest USD fork from suzuki and will fit in the busa triples use a busa wheel and calipers.

i have a set btw

http://customfighters.com/forums/sho...88&postcount=1

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
Reaver
Piston broke
Senior Fighterer

Damn thats cheap. You guys must get parts a lot cheaper than we fucking do!!

Quote:

Zephyr stage 1 build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
jerryatrophy
we are 138
jerryatrophy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 79
Flipped Off 26 Times in 19 Posts
jerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on here

In my experience id rather sell stuff to a fellow fighter for cheaper than to a stranger for more money. Generally guys on here dont think theyre parts are made of solid gold like the fleabayers.
jerryatrophy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jerryatrophy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #8
Reaver
Piston broke
Senior Fighterer

Yeah,I can get that,but even on ebay auction a set of busa forks in good nick with an lsl top yoke would be bid to 150 minimum......and radial stuff,hooo boy.......

Quote:

Zephyr stage 1 build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
STREETSLAYER
STREETSLAYER
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
busa forks are too short for your bike. You will most definitely need either a stepped triple or longer forks

the tl1000s forks are the longest USD fork from suzuki and will fit in the busa triples use a busa wheel and calipers.

i have a set btw

What do you mean to short? i have taken and lowerd the front all ready, hate the long forks on these bikes anyway....seen a set (busa) on a zl already and seemed to be just fine, my bike is slammed all ready 10.5 burly shocks on the back now...lower the better to me!! i cant vew your post for your sell!!

EAT MY ROOST!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREETSLAYER View Post
What do you mean to short? i have taken and lowerd the front all ready, hate the long forks on these bikes anyway....seen a set (busa) on a zl already and seemed to be just fine, my bike is slammed all ready 10.5 burly shocks on the back now...lower the better to me!! i cant vew your post for your sell!!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps