Playing with colors on my triple - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics > Photoshop Fighters

Photoshop Fighters Need someone to Photoshop your bike to see what it could look like? Made a sweet photochop yourself? All Photoshop related stuff goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Playing with colors on my triple

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Playing with colors on my triple

No shots of it naked yet so working with what I have...
Before

After

Tail 'shop is shit, going for a flat white for it and the tank.

Rear wheel should be changin to this guy this winter with a matching front (if I can put together the rest of the $hit for it...)

and should be able to show more of the UK flag graphic than the 3spoke

Not sure on what I'd do for the front. Seems like a waste of time to lay the graphic on the front wheel when it's mostly hidden by rotors but feels like a half ass job if I don't :p

Comments?
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
chevy42083
Fighterer
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
chevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Playing with colors on my triple

How do you plan on putting the graphic on? Lots of masking and paint?
Ever looked into hydro-graphics / hydrodipping? I think it might work well for what you are trying. Not sure on what it would look like on the back side... or what you plan to do on the back.

Personally, I'd think the broad flat areas of the 3 spoke will show the graphic best... but who knows.

I do like the idea.

Maybe blue and red wheel strips up front? Or somehow 3-tone it so it matches? Spokes, barrel, and a wheel stripe?
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Playing with colors on my triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
How do you plan on putting the graphic on? Lots of masking and paint?
Was thinking of using plasti dip. Picked up a can of black and sprayed it on the bars I'll be using last night, was gonna check for durability when I get home and if it can handle a little bit of abuse, use it on everything :p Which would involve hitting the wheels with a white base then mask off for the patterns. Pain in the ass I'm sure, but so much cheaper than the alternatives I've looked at.

Quote:
Ever looked into hydro-graphics / hydrodipping? I think it might work well for what you are trying. Not sure on what it would look like on the back side... or what you plan to do on the back.
I buddy of mine knows a guy that does hydrographics. I'll explore that... Not sure if they can do a satin/flat finish tho. Not sure if theres a clear coat available to spiff up the plastidip.

Quote:
Personally, I'd think the broad flat areas of the 3 spoke will show the graphic best... but who knows.
I think it would show it better but I'm thinking the subtlety of the graphic would be a nice touch on the other wheels as well. If I can do it with plastidip and it looks like shit, I can just peel it off like a vinyl wrap.

Quote:
I do like the idea.

Maybe blue and red wheel strips up front? Or somehow 3-tone it so it matches? Spokes, barrel, and a wheel stripe?
I considered that sort of thing as well. Bring the union jack up to the tank or tail and just do white with blue/red sorta like this...

or maybe like this?

The second one... I would want to get the red/blue "inside" the spokes on the new style wheel... Not sure how visible that would be... I may try to 'shop that when I get home. Speaking of. Holy shit it's already after 3pm and I gotta ton of work left to do before I can head home for the day lol
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics > Photoshop Fighters