General question about fokr swaps - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps

Fork Swaps Fork and Front End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > General question about fokr swaps

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter
Hoffmann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:56 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of light
Default General question about fokr swaps

Hello guys i have a question, i did a fork swap on my cbr 900 -97 i put cbr1000 rr -04-07 forks on it but now when the bike is rolling i noticed that the turning radius is compered to nothing does anybody now how this affects the rideing? because im guessing im not the first person to notice this?
But i have never read about it like its been a problem.. somebody with experience that have an answer? or have you just grind away the stoppers a bit?

Thanks Gabriel
Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2015, 06:00 AM   #2
4cups
Default Re: General question about fokr swaps

If the turning circle is reduced its not going to affect anything but slow speed riding such as turning around in a car park or turning it around in the road as when riding at any speed only small movements of the bars are needed which along with leaning gets you where you want to be

You can remove some material from the stops to improve this but imho its better to weld on new stops in the right place to suit, be aware of forks hitting the rad or bars hitting the tank etc if you do this
  Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived !
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #3
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter
Hoffmann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:56 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: General question about fokr swaps

Thanks man! i think im just gonna let it be just wanted some input that tells me that riding will be fine anyway
Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Hoffmann!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps