Beginners Guide - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginners Guide

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
drphilgood
Noobie
drphilgood's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:41 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 1 Post
drphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of lightdrphilgood is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Beginners Guide

Good read. Thanks
drphilgood is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived drphilgood!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Faceless
Poser
Noobie
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Faceless is well likedFaceless is well likedFaceless is well likedFaceless is well likedFaceless is well likedFaceless is well liked
Exclamation I seek to unlock the secrets of the CDI...

Well, hello seasoned warriors, future fighters, and Godfathers. I'm Bonus. Ill begin by spitting a little information out of my fingertips.

I'm building a motorcycle. It's a 2000 Suzuki bandit 1200. I have electrical questions that will test the skills of those who consider themselves Godfathers. I have joined this forum is search of answers. I seek to know the Ignition system of this particular motor. My goal is to create whats known as a "chopper wiring harness" or simplified wiring diagram. This has proven to be difficult via all the safety relays and clutch switches and neutral switches and so on and so forth. I am creating this harness. I need to know the functions of certain components, and what it requires to get that God Damned signal sent to the coils to fire. I have power to them, but I need help with simple questions like how does one test for intermittent pulse, how does one know if ones pulse generator, or signal generator is working...I have been truly humbled by this motor, and now seek outside sources of information. It will take the mind of a seasoned electronics, and CDI ignition genius. I am calling out to those who are able to help.
Faceless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Faceless!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: I seek to unlock the secrets of the CDI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
Well, hello seasoned warriors, future fighters, and Godfathers. I'm Bonus. Ill begin by spitting a little information out of my fingertips.

I'm building a motorcycle. It's a 2000 Suzuki bandit 1200. I have electrical questions that will test the skills of those who consider themselves Godfathers. I have joined this forum is search of answers. I seek to know the Ignition system of this particular motor. My goal is to create whats known as a "chopper wiring harness" or simplified wiring diagram. This has proven to be difficult via all the safety relays and clutch switches and neutral switches and so on and so forth. I am creating this harness. I need to know the functions of certain components, and what it requires to get that God Damned signal sent to the coils to fire. I have power to them, but I need help with simple questions like how does one test for intermittent pulse, how does one know if ones pulse generator, or signal generator is working...I have been truly humbled by this motor, and now seek outside sources of information. It will take the mind of a seasoned electronics, and CDI ignition genius. I am calling out to those who are able to help.
Damm thats wel beyond me mate but welcom in and sure some clever fellah will be along to help ya out

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
cage
Gear Head
cage's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Flip Offs: 255
Flipped Off 105 Times in 39 Posts
cage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: I seek to unlock the secrets of the CDI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless View Post

The appropriate place for this is here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...play.php?f=293

May all so want to read up here: http://www.portablepct.com/fastlarry...htm#electrical

Keep the fight alive
cage is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2016, 05:28 AM   #15
Renninger
Noobie
Renninger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Renninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friends

Anyone know where i can get a 1991 Kawasaki ZX11 service manual?
Renninger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:41 AM
Flip Offs: 311
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renninger View Post
Anyone know where i can get a 1991 Kawasaki ZX11 service manual?
I did a quick Google and found one for a 93 onward. Not sure if it is any use

http://motorhead.jactup.com/mwg-inte...fliP8cwUkEZfaU,

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2016, 09:47 PM   #17
Renninger
Noobie
Renninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friendsRenninger is making some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
I did a quick Google and found one for a 93 onward. Not sure if it is any use

http://motorhead.jactup.com/mwg-inte...fliP8cwUkEZfaU,
I have that one, the engine is different int he ZX11 D's then the C's. a better one actually lol the 91's had a lot of issues from cooling, the rod bearings spinning out.. to bad oil pumps. to bad there not interchangeable as far as i am aware
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I wasn't aware of any major changes engine-wise between the C and D model. I think the output shaft length is different but flipping the sprocket around solves that if you swap engines.

All Zx-11's suffer from poor oiling of the #3 rod journal. Mr Turbo use to make a kit to help with that though.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #19
Renninger
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
I wasn't aware of any major changes engine-wise between the C and D model. I think the output shaft length is different but flipping the sprocket around solves that if you swap engines.

All Zx-11's suffer from poor oiling of the #3 rod journal. Mr Turbo use to make a kit to help with that though.

Later, Doug
was not aware of any of that, thank you for the info the 1991 ZX11 was given to me for free. sure the crankcase needs to be replaced because the chain smacked it and took out a chunk but hey i like playing with things lol

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions