bandit front end swap.... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps

Fork Swaps Fork and Front End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > bandit front end swap....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
luke2152
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
luke2152 is a NOOB
Default bandit front end swap....

I know this topic has been done to death and I have read through quite a bit of material. Seems to me most modern USD's you'd want to fit are too short. The ones that are long enough are already sought after. So if I can keep my options open and buy most anything when I can find it what sort of money does it take to get a top yoke made with 40mm or so of drop on it? Does anyone do them off the shelf or are they all bespoke?
I can probably get a whole cbr 929 front end for next to nothing (seeing as I used to own the bike and sold it to my mate for cheap before he killed it). Otherwise the obvious option is gsxr or 'busa bits which should almost be a straight fit.
luke2152 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: bandit front end swap....

I have a gsxr front end for sale in the classifieds, very clean, take a look

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

I did TL1000S...was a little short but not really a tremendous amount. Also, I ran R6 forks on my K1 GSXR1000 and it seems like the R6 forks were a bit too long....I had to raise them up in the triples a bit to get the right height.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
1CAMWNDR
Noobie
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
1CAMWNDR is a NOOB

Check my thread a couple slots below:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=87377

2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 Naked conversion and lots of Holeshot goodies
2009 Hayabusa front end conversion
1CAMWNDR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
medimicated420
GURU
CF Addict
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Tl, gen 1 busa and k3 gsxr1k ive personally put on bandits with just a bearing swap...think busa is actually tellest out of the bunch but prolly wont get ya back to stock height
medimicated420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived medimicated420!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

TL1000S forks are the longest. K6~K8 GSXR750 are the same length. All 732mm. Busa is 725mm.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived makenzie71!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps