2002 Daytona DSSA - Page 53 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2002 Daytona DSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 07:10 AM   #521
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 2002 Daytona DSSA

Thx man, already too it apart though

Turns out the speedo not working was just a ripped wire. The strands inside the wire are quite literally just a few hairs worth of copper so the sender/gauge connection had been torn off. They're so thin they cannot take ANY tugging what so ever and for some reason the wire seems to be partly fiberglass?! Is that to give it strength so they can put even less copper there? Anyhow it's now been soldered back together and is awaiting for me to come wrap it later tonight and refit the sender to the slider. And route the wire so that it can't tug anymore...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #522
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Let's up the ante a little.

Since I'm home most of this week there isn't really a reason to do the MOT at friday. So I called the station and moved the reservation to 10am Wednesday!

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #523
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Kimmo57's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 22 Times in 11 Posts
Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I've been thinking about having my bike inspected for about 7 years now Could this be the year? Interested in your experience of the process.

WOMBAT (Waste Of Money, Brain And Time)

The origiSRAD
Honda CRF150R minisupermoto
Savage silliness!! Low budget modern café project
3D printed back covers for Trailtech and other stuff: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/randomtechstuff
Kimmo57 is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Kimmo57!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #524
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

The guy that's doing MC things at Hennala, Lahti is a pretty good guy, he's also the heavy truck guy so I kinda know him, usually doesn't complain about petty things. I've heard if you happen to get paired with some certain inspectors that have bias against mltorbikes they can nitpick about every single thing but I'm fairly confident I got all the bases covered with approved everything etc. The only thing I'm concerned about is the noise test. I gotta pass 108db and I've once clocked 104 with the old midpipe so it should pass, just the thing that the rev clock is only working properly when it feels like it so hopefully the inspector will trust my word that the revs are about where they should be.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #525
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:40 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Let's up the ante a little.

Since I'm home most of this week there isn't really a reason to do the MOT at friday. So I called the station and moved the reservation to 10am Wednesday!
You'll be pacing the floor like an expectant father
sepang is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #526
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Up here the pops is allowed present in both procedures done the other. Twice.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2017, 03:45 AM   #527
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Ladies and gentlemen, what you're looking at here is a one man's Triumph over the Finnish bureaucracy: a thoroughly inspected, 100% legal, streetfighter motorcycle! As we tend to say here "it's all on the paper"

Now excuse me I have a warm beautiful summer day at my disposal and I'm not planning to waste a single minute of it!

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2017, 05:15 AM   #528
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Congrats, it looks great!

FOTM?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #529
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

gimme at least two competitors and we'll talk. Six days time with zero entries, makes me question why is it even run monthly, IMO would be better to wait till at least there's three contestants before launching the vote.

Oh, an interesting detail about the bike that I wasn't aware of: it is actually sold new in USA and been privately imported here @ 2005!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #530
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
gimme at least two competitors and we'll talk. Six days time with zero entries, makes me question why is it even run monthly, IMO would be better to wait till at least there's three contestants before launching the vote.

Oh, an interesting detail about the bike that I wasn't aware of: it is actually sold new in USA and been privately imported here @ 2005!
Ok, working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Looks great, FOTM? Would be good to beat Mattson, who will only apparently enter if he considers the opposition worthy of his Trumpet.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes