Vintage Motofest at Road America - anybody going? #1 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Vintage Motofest at Road America - anybody going? #1

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Vintage Motofest at Road America - anybody going? #1

This came up on my instagram feed, and damn if target marketing didn't hook me. Gonna head to Madison and stay with a friend tonight, then ride in and enter the Rockerbox show on Saturday, watch some races, etc. If there's any other Custom Fighters users going who want to hang out or have a "must see" recommendation, drop a comment!

http://www.roadameri...age-racing.html
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Vintage Motofest at Road America - anybody going? #1

Friday races only!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Vintage Motofest at Road America - anybody going? #1

I was there Saturday, had a blast. I got there about 10:30 after leaving @RatFighter 's house and riding ~100 miles plus a score or so out of my way for wrong turns. Rode around the grounds a fair bit to explore where stuff was, then went and registered for the bike show. Yeah, I blew $15 to show off my bike. The Rockerbox show area was next to a fast uphill S curve, so a nice spot to see the races from as well.

After reg I went out to ride around some more, spent some time blasting around on thier massive rolling lawns, took in a metal-shaping demo at the Baliegh tent. Also went to the official track vendor building and bought myself a ticket for the "sunset cruise", so that I could get out on the actual race track (at a pace-car limited speed) come 5:30. Around noon I headed back to the show area and got a primo parking spot right in front of the line of porta potties.

INSERT PICTURE HERE WHEN NOT BLOCKED BY WORK

Spent from 12:30 to 5:00 at the Rockerbox compound shooting shit with builders / spectators, watching races, stealing power to charge my phone, laying on cold concrete resting my aching back, etc. 5:00 was the award ceremony for the show, and the prize given out was for "best ratbike"... yup, that's me. So I had to run up to the stage in gear (since I was getting ready for the cruise), accept my prize, and run off for the cruise after making arrangements to come back and be photographed with my bike & pick up the award (a framed & signed / numbered silkscreen even promo poster).

On the way to the track, I noticed my bike was running like shit. Multiple expereinces with this made me suspect I was low on fuel, but the "slosh the tank" trick did not help, and would not be enough for 3 track laps (at 4+ miles each) plus a trip to a gas station. Hey look, they have pumps at the track, and the pumps take credit cards! The leaded 110 octane and unleaded 98 octane both cost $8 a gallon, but fuck it, I can only hold 2.5 gallons anyhow.

Pump rejects my card. No attendant to take cash. FUCK.

Long story short, I beg gas off a race team, get out on the track at the very tail of the pack, pass EVERYBODY during the cruise, and end up tailing the pace car for the last few laps. I think that by effectively lapping the back of the pack and catching the pace car, I managed to squeeze in an extra lap - you normally get 3 as part of the cruise, but it felt like I did 4. Which of course meant I needed to beg more gas from another race team... by this point my bike was running NICE!

Left the track pits, rode back to the Rockerbox compund, found the event orgnizer and did my pictures. Turns out he's the editor of "Motorcycle Classics" magazine and is just dropping jaw as I tell him the story of the build and my efforts / plans to take it to Wasteland Weekend, so he gives me his card and says to contact him when I get home... I'm guessing for an interview / story?
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sebwiers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion