Live Wire. - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Live Wire.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #11
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Live Wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
i wonder if it has a speaker and makes potato noises so you can rev it up at stoplights
Nah all the speed parts are from whisperin' eagle now.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived a_morti!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #12
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:47 PM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
If it was 17k-19k, I would have a different attitude.

Not my taste, but it's not repulsive-looking to me, like most HD bikes.
Energica Ego's start @ $34k and go up to the Limited Edition Ego45 w/ carbon fiber body work & full Ohlins suspension for a mear $68k. Even looks more like a sportbike & does a better task of trying to hide the battery / motor. They also make a... wait for it. A Streetfighter!

The review I read in the UK Bike mag "Fast Bikes" stated that their rubbish for the track. Battery over-heats & bike goes into limp mode. WTF for $68k.

The best memories come from bad ideas done with best friends.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #13
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:47 PM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
i wonder if it has a speaker and makes potato noises so you can rev it up at stoplights
What kind of noise does a potato make?

The best memories come from bad ideas done with best friends.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2019, 03:07 AM   #14
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

i think i can speak for a few of us now if i say...
...id like to build electriv bike out of pure fun, mostly because my job is releated to battery and battery tech. there's only one drawback. it's all expencive as fuck and with two kids and two cars and five bikes it's hard to concentrate on several projects at same time. maybe this will be the year i get rc24 fixed the way i like it more(that means respraying the body and reupholster the seat. race bike will be more or less done and VF should be ready to ride until spring(except for girder front end)
Then i would like to start my affair with electric bike, but with one condition, i will ride it when i will charge it myself(that means either solar or wind)

lately i've been snooping around and stumbled upon hybrid motor from honda fleet. honda did hybrid the smart way, motor isnt as a seperate unit, but it's between ICE and gearbox. it makes torque line flat and helps the engine where it needs some help.
i've read up specs too
13 hp (9.7 kW) @ 1500 rpm
58 lb⋅ft (79 N⋅m) @ 1000 rpm
and thats at claimed 84 NiMh batteries, that makes around 100v nominal power.
FFS my VFR makes a bit more torque than this little fucker. and those are quite cheap comparing to other electric motors (~300$ i think)
so the most expencive part there should be controller, seen a few DIY write ups for them too.

anyway electric transportation suck, because IIRC you cant recycle lithium and most of electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion