Uktech1's CBR9 - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Entry Threads

2013 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2013 Buildoff Entry Threads Must Be Posted In Here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Uktech1's CBR9

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
Uktech1
Newbie but not new

Fighter
Uktech1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Uktech1's CBR9

Yesterday I managed to find some time to put together a few final bits to get the CBR ready for the end of the buildoff. Installed the chain, coolant catch tank, license plate mount, rear signals, fuel tank and tail. Duct tape and cable ties were much utilized. I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting but for now it's done.

1995 Honda CBR900RR
2007 CBR600RR forks, front brakes & fender
Custom triple clamps from Spintek Machining
Renthal Fat Bars and risers
Koso gauges
Modified Brinkmann flashlight for headlight
2005 Yamaha R1 wheels and discs
Honda Shadow clutch cable
2003 CBR600RR plated swingarm
Ohlins shock w 1300lb spring
RC51 linkage dogbone
RK 525 chain on CBR600RR front & R6 rear sprockets
Modified subframe
Arata 2007 CBR600RR muffler (modified) & linkpipe
CBR900RR headers (modified and heat wrapped)
LED tail & brake lights
CBR900RR wiring harness (modified)
GSXR Reg/Rec
Custom battery box under tank
Ignition switch and choke moved under tank
2005 R1 stick coils with GSXR connectors
1993 CBR900RR tail
Titanium caliper bolts & axle pinch bolts
Various stainless bolts
CRG Lanesplitter barend mirror
Boddingtons Beer can coolant catch tank

As far as costs go I'm at a bit of an advantage as I run my own motorcycle workshop, I had some major parts I'd used on a previous project that I abandoned and I never throw anything away that might be useful. Here's my costs or, in the case of parts where the cost is lost in the mists of time, just where they came from.

Original bike - $1200
Spintek lower triple - $60 for materials
CBR600RR forks, calipers, brake lines - Previous project
Upper triple, Renthal bars & risers - Previous
R1 wheels & discs - Bike I parted out
93 CBR tail - $160 (I had to buy a brand new little panel the lock sits in)
Koso gauges - Trade for work
Ohlins shock - $350 (bought a long time ago. I just remember the price because it was such a good deal)
Hyperpro 1300lb spring - $50
Damaged Arata 2007 CBR600RR muffler & linkpipe - Free
Titanium caliper bolts & axle pinch bolts, various stainless bolts - Been saving them for a special project like this
Damaged CBR swingarm, Honda Shadow clutch cable, RC51 linkage dogbone, RK 525 chain, R6 rear sprocket, LED tail & brake lights, GSXR Reg/Rec, R1 stick coils, GSXR connectors, CRG Lanesplitter barend mirror - On the shelf
Boddingtons beer can - 5c recycling fee

The CBR is now up and running but as with most streetfighters it's not finished. Future plans include:
Billet engine covers (already have the stator cover but no time to fit it)
Paint bodywork
Powdercoat wheels
200 section rear tire
Pumped out CBR1100XX motor with 41mm flatslides that I should be picking up tomorrow
Uktech1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
Uktech1
Newbie but not new

Fighter
Uktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to all

After an initial shakedown run here is the second more enthusiastic ride.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #23
Uktech1
Newbie but not new

Fighter

Just a quick final update on this CBR9. Due to running my own shop I didn't really get time to ride and the bike was just sitting around. Also I could never get the suspension linkage mount to the frame right which meant I had to run a ridiculous 1300lb spring so I returned the suspension and wheels to stock, fitted headlights from a Street Triple, did fresh paint and sold it on to a new home. Here's some pics.

These people High Fived Uktech1!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Entry Threads