"Agressor" CBR600F2 By KNIFEMAKER87 - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > "Agressor" CBR600F2 By KNIFEMAKER87

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #71
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict
Knifemaker87's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:15 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Fighter of the Year Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: "Agressor" CBR600F2 By KNIFEMAKER87

okay... so some side shroud ideas... cut out of carbon fiber honey-comb and connected to each other under the collector. i think i t covers the gap without adding unneccesary pudge. however, i have only one peice of honeycomb... so if you have input.. let me know before i cut it!

do you think it looks too far "back" from the front of the bike?

what do you think?

left

right

CBR 600 F2
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=33094

"Instigator" Virago Build-off thread:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=75337

"Inistigator" discussion
Knifemaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #72
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict
Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Knifemaker87 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

okay... got the shrouds fixed. (i think)

gonna make a couple sets. i have thin alloy sheet, alloy honeycomb and carbon fiber honeycomb. i know it is still right next to the can, but i need it like that to line it up for the brackets (which will be Titanium) then it will get cut out.

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Knifemaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #73
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

okay... small problem here... i was taking it off the rearstand when...

whew! thank goodness i made sliders! lol it didnt actually fall.. it over balanced and i let it down slowly. an unintentional test of the sliders. on thing touching is the slider and the two wheels. sliders FTW!

okay... though we had to dance around the evil weather my brother did get some good pictures/video

and an artsy shot

again.. reinforced the need for shrouds. making the Ti hardware now.

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #74
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

did some work.

mocked up the shrouds. mostly figuring out the mounting before i do anything else.

but then i had to flat-black them.

finalizing shape and material...

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #75
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

okay.. so i am trying to get the bike to pass inspection this weekend, so the panels have been put on hold till saturday.

got my exhaust secured.

and mounted my license plate.

also i dont know if the integrated tail-light will pass. so i am going to mount LED turn signals on the side of the bracket if i need to.

more soon.
~Chris

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #76
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

well, i got the license plate on there. i fixed the clearance problem by mounting it via the bottom holes instead of the top. i liked it further down, but i would rather not scrub it.

i also got the turn signals on, and the awesome awesome LED bolt lights holding the license plate one (thanks BKK jack) i'll get a better picture of them at night.

and the integrated lights and turn signals work in tandem now.

so.... i took the bike to get it inspected at a motorcycle shop... i know i know... but i really did want someone else to give it the once over. it failed. the Nutral indicator light doesnt actually indicate nutral... so i need to figure that out... but that was it.

on the down side.. the shop owner (he inspected it for me) said that it is only running on two cylinders at low speed, and need to have my carbs tunes and have the bike run on a dyno... and i am thinking it may be worth it to have it run right...

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #77
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

took it to a local meet/maintainance day with all my SV buddies. got to rub shoulders with a honda gb 500. and got some "old vs. new" pics. can you tell which was taken with my dying point and shoot, and which were with the new digital SLR?

oh yeah... and the whole reason i was able to go was because i was able to fix my brake problem. it turns out that the ebay levers were actually depressing the Master cylinder when it was supposed to be all the way open. So no fluid was able to travel back up the lines and into the reservoir. So, as soon as the fluid headed up in the calipers, it expanded; clamping down on the rotors with no way of reliving the pressure.

but now that that is fixed, i can actually start riding the bike. very excited. i have plans for the shrouds and should start working on them soon.

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #78
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

Okay, small update here.
The bike successfully passed inspection. I took it to a garage and they didnt even look at the neutral light. however i am really disappointed in the KOSO guage, and will most likely be replacing it with something else.

I also rode my bike to work (25min one way) which was the longest ride yet, and it worked great. i really need to get a dynojet set and i need to re-check my valves now that they have settled in. but i dont have money for jets or shims, so it will have to wait.

I also got the bike weighed. the bike weighs 380 lbs with a full tank of gas. i am very excited since stock wet weight is 452 lbs. shaved off 72 lbs!

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #79
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict

Okay,
so i am going to slip in under the wire and get in one last post.

I wanted to kind of give the specs on the bike, as well as a monetary break-down of what was done, in closing. this isnt all of the money i spent, but it is the bulk of it.

So, here goes.

Parts and peices from:

$600 93 cbr 600: engine, frame, tank, front wheel, rear brake caliper
Traded 2003 gsxr 750 calipers
$120 2002 gsxr 1000 forks
$40 2008 multistrada rotors
$200 2008 mt-03 headlight
Free 2005 Sv650 master cylinder and ss lines
$9+$160 for welding cbr 954 header
$20 2006 gsxr 750 seat
$25 cbr 929 rear shock
Free cbr 600 f4 rear shock linkage
Free 96 cbr 900rr rear wheel, swinger, and rear master cylinder (Thanks fslflint)
$40 integrated cbr 600rr tail-light
$50 Cbr 1000rr Jardine Ti exhaust (brand new)

Then there was all the other stuff
$50 engine gasket set
$200 Koso XR-SR speedo
$150 to get all the CNC'ed parts anodized
$120 paint
$40 4-1 exhaust collector
$50 West Systems Resin
$50 Rearsets
$20 turn signals
$30 Billet Levers
$15 bar-end mirrors
$7 shifter shaft
$25 Sprocket set
$30 chain
$30 Delrin to make Frame sliders and Chain slider
$170 Battery

$2251 total

I def. spent more money than that. But that is the core of it. the rest of it was little stuff. so even then. if you add another $1000 worth of odds and ends... this bike has cost me only $3k

Total weight: 380 lbs with a full tank of gas

thank your for your support, and i should have one last picture to upload this afternoon. enjoy the season!
~Chris

CBR 600 F2

"Inistigator" discussion

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads