F'dup's "No regeret" 2002 SV650, party and bullshit thread - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads

Discussion Threads Rabble rabble rabble

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > F'dup's "No regeret" 2002 SV650, party and bullshit thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #111
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:01 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: F'dup's "No regeret" 2002 SV650, party and bullshit thread

So first the mater cylinder question.

This is my first experience with radial brakes. Is it just the way it goes with them that there seems to be a very short stroke for the lever?

Ok exhaust.

Qausi under belly is nice because there's a mount almost right there and it will be a short hanger and it's job done.

The down side to that spot is the ground clearance while leaning through a turn. It MAY touch... but if I scratch the muffler I mean fuck it, it's only a $43 can.

Off the mid gets me the clearance but the hanger is going to be long and stupid looking there is no avoiding it there.

There is an option "C" I could cut most the mid pipe off and it could run the muffler up at an angle a hair. Give me clearance and keep the mount close by.

Hmmm...

Way I see it, either way it's going to be loud as fuck. That mid pipe will not calm any noise down....

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #112
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:01 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

I can't comment on what's "normal" as I don't have any other experience with radial masters, but I will mention that I noticed that as well with the Panigale masters I put on the Busa.

For exhaust, I'd say definitely NOT option B. I like the low mount, and I also think it'd look good if it ran up along the underside of the tail.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2017, 11:41 PM   #113
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:01 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Find a master with a smaller bore, that will increase the stroke needed to send the same amount of fluid to the brakes. Good luck with that though, masters are a pain to get right.

For the exhaust, I suggest Option D. Rework everything so the exhaust comes out here:

That would be sick!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 02:29 AM   #114
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
That would be sick!
And warm.
Built in heated seat for those chilly days.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #115
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:01 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

position 1 , and that thing will be as loud as fuck , setting car alarms off can be your new game
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #116
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:01 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Definitely position 1. Position 2 looks like the muffler is attached via donkey penis.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #117
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:01 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

You know I'm right, and I know you are considering it

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #118
Predator6R
ZX-6R Fighterer
Fighterer
Predator6R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:01 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I agree with the underbelly setup. Looks really clean that way. The exhaust on my bike sits really low, but I haven't had any problems with it scraping on the road. It'll as obnoxiously loud as mine too I bet lol.

Looking good so far keep it up
Predator6R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Predator6R!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2017, 03:22 AM   #119
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Well that's one way to make the stops *putting that into the box 'o trix for possible later use*

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #120
mcantar

CF Pimp

Man, that tank looks fookin GREAT! I'm gonna have to remember what paint that is.

The blue masking tape matches your valve covers quite well, btw. You could have just saved some coin and taped them instead of painting them.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads