$175 Gamble - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > $175 Gamble

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #11
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 6 Posts
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default Re: $175 Gamble

for sure LOL

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #12
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 

pulled the bike inside the shop and tear the engine down.
everything was going very easy till I had to take off exhaust and intake

looks pretty good up top

exhaust had no room to put socket on bottom bolt and open end wrench turned it about 1/8th at the time,

and off course it spun whole stud instead just nut

intake had one bolt on top of the manifold,
with no access to the bolt straight allen wrench wouldn't seat right in the bolt hole
I didn't have ball type wrench so I had to make my own tool with little bend in it

tool
I used dremel with cut off wheel clamped to vice and just turned the Allen wrench

These people High Fived fredycruger!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #13
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

had to take the intake manifold to clear cross member
head would hit it

I didn't want to pull engine out so I just tilt it forward leaving one of the bolts in back in

in the end it doesn't matter bc crank bearing need to be replaced

I was hoping it would be just top end

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #14
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

should I dump it or get used engine for it

there's few complete engines on ebay from bmw f 650 bikes that should fit
they all around grand

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 12:15 AM   #15
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Is it to expensive to rebuild what's there? Or swap in another engine altogether.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Is it to expensive to rebuild what's there? Or swap in another engine altogether.
in the long run I think it will be better to get whole motor

crank bearing is shot
piston hit exhaust valves and bent them
jug is fucked, piston as well it only had 50 psi when I did the compression test

I might just dump the whole thing

or do streetbike motor in my spare time (oh .... I got no spare time lol)

This user High Fived fredycruger!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #17
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looking at how tight the stock motor is in the chassis, you'll be limited on different motors, certain anything bigger. I'd be looking for a low miles crashed 650gs, the later model year the better. Even then a swift Google says the heads aren't the same so you'll at least be making a header and intake manifold.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Having said later is better, the early one (funduro) has twin ports inlet and outlet similar to yours, so maybe the intake and exhaust would even fit. Depends if you prefer older, probably cheaper, and maybe simpler, or newer and more economical and powerful, but making manifolds.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #19
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

yeah the earlier bikes are exact fit
that's the easiest and fastest way out but than I would have bike gears vs atv gears idk if that's problem

I can have 97 engine from bike for 700$ I think that's pretty pricey

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #20
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

motorcycle engine swap would be pretty hard too bikes usually have chain on left side this engine has sprockets on right

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion