$175 Gamble - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > $175 Gamble

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #31
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:45 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 6 Posts
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default Re: $175 Gamble

found gsxr 750 engine with wiring throttle bodies fuel pump on CL for 300$ its in VT im in MA
if I can talk to my friend whos in Vermont to take drive up there its 2 hrs away from him
ill get it

http://vermont.craigslist.org/mpo/5880506257.html

its cheap bc its need side cover and water pump
in pics it look like that's the only damage and should be repairable ?????

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #32
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The question on my mind would be how long did it run without oil, and did any foreign body get in through that hole. I've also seen an engine where the end of the crank ended up out of true after a hard whack.

Would be amazing to see that Frankenwheeler happen, but is the motor going to physically fit, and what about the chain run?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #33
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
The question on my mind would be how long did it run without oil, and did any foreign body get in through that hole. I've also seen an engine where the end of the crank ended up out of true after a hard whack.

Would be amazing to see that Frankenwheeler happen, but is the motor going to physically fit, and what about the chain run?

im aware of the possible damage
I got him down to 200$ my buddy going to pick it up tomorrow and hell bring it back with him to the island

I look trough few pages on few different forums and its been done
they use gxsr1k and busa engines 750 is pretty much same engine as 1k so it should work
itl lbe much more work than getting another crappy 650motor
but where's the fun In that lol

chain should be easy to sort out they just flip the carrier over and mod caliper bracket
just a bolt so it doesn't spin

frame I believe gets cut out at bottom and rework with new pieces

just not sure about the fuel tank
in pic he has it under the seat, custom made fuel cell

These people High Fived fredycruger!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #34
medimicated420
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

i often feel its easier to swap in a new engine than fix an old one, so glad to see you going this route

then again this is why i have like 12 bikes...projects...

...currently
ahem anyways, looking forward to see you making this happen!
medimicated420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #35
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

$175 for the quad and $200 for the engine. So all in, up and running, you're probably looking at $500-700 max.

Helluva scoot for $700
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #36
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

should be somewhere around that if the engine isn't fucked

new motor will need magneto rotor, stator
side cover ,starter gear, water pump
and headers at least

hopefuly someone got hook up for parts here otherwise

on ebay used parts will be few hunnits
magneto 100, stator 50, headers 25, water pump 80
gauges 25-100$

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #37
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

a cool build, a mate had one of these a few years back and they were good quads, similar power to the raptor 660.

sub'd

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #38
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
should be somewhere around that if the engine isn't fucked

new motor will need magneto rotor, stator
side cover ,starter gear, water pump
and headers at least

hopefuly someone got hook up for parts here otherwise

on ebay used parts will be few hunnits
magneto 100, stator 50, headers 25, water pump 80
gauges 25-100$
Skip the magneto and coils, just get the cover to start off with. It'll run off the battery long enough to know whether the motor will run.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #39
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Skip the magneto and coils, just get the cover to start off with. It'll run off the battery long enough to know whether the motor will run.

ill just clean it up and run runout gauge on the rotor to see if it got fucked up
maybe do leak down and compression test

if it checks out ill buy needed parts

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #40
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Picked up the motor from my buddy at lunch brake
And already started to take the side cover off to se damage
Stator destroyed magneto when the cover cracked and shredding magnets to pieces
I cleaned them up best as I could
Pulled spark plugs out and cranked engine over by hand
Spins over w/o problem
Nothing look out of whack by naked eye

So far good

This user High Fived fredycruger!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion