fiberglass over bondo? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork

Paint and Bodywork Anything to do with fabricating bodywork, composites, prep and paint work goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > fiberglass over bondo?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
iliveintn
Fighter
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
iliveintn is a NOOB
Default fiberglass over bondo?

Okay I have a 99 cbr and i'm about to start working on some scoops on the front of the tank for the air intake. Problem is theres some dents right there and the way I figure is it'll be easier to make this over a smooth surface instead of some small dents. SO is it a good idea to fiberglass over bondo or will this bite me in the butt down the road? Should I just deal with it and not risk it?

Thanks for the help.

I did some searching but couldn't find a real definitive answer
iliveintn is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:35 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: fiberglass over bondo?

Well, If it's small dings You'll probably be ok. If it's a good size chunk eventually the bondo will crack. So if you are looking to have mould the glass to the tank, you may loose a bonding surface over time. It could be 2 weeks, it could be 10 years. All depends how well you prep it.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
iliveintn
Fighter
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
iliveintn is a NOOB
Default Re: fiberglass over bondo?

gotcha loud and clear, thanks for the help.
iliveintn is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork