Custom side fairings - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork

Paint and Bodywork Anything to do with fabricating bodywork, composites, prep and paint work goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Custom side fairings

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
Decon
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Decon is a NOOB
Default Custom side fairings

Hi there I'm new to the motorcycle world and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon . I just recently purchased a 1985 Suzuki gs700 for cheap but it is in need of some serious tlc it does run but it looks like an eye sore.
The factory side fairings were already removed by the previous owner and the sides we're just covered by old cut up plastic door panels. I already went ahead and removed the trash, I have also removed the real tail housing with the taillights. Since I plan on making the rear more streamline and cosmetic appealing.
But my question is how could I go about building new side fairings or just cleaning up the sides to make it appealing to the eyes. Any help would be grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170430_191517_1493634745041.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	484.0 KB
ID:	95057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170429_182340_1493634769777.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	95065  
Decon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Custom side fairings

pick up a second hand set of side panels, easier to mod to your own design if this is your first build
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Decon
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Decon is a NOOB

I've looked around and parts are not readily available for me here and I'm on a tight budget, I do know how to fiberglass from body work and work with sheet metal after shaping a 86 mustang firewall and transmission tunnel to fit a 400ci Chevy and a th350 automatic transmission
Decon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Decon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2017, 01:44 AM   #4
scottyp
str8 stoopid

CF Lover
scottyp's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Custom side fairings

could always get some foam and shape it to make your plug then make a fiberglass side cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
festivus
Fuck it, dying of old age sounds boring anyway...

Gunslinger Customs FB page
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived scottyp!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork