Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #21
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:32 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

All three plugs completely död, getting although white, very faint spark in all plugs just dancing at the edges of the center electrode grounding to who knows where as not one of them is even trying to jump the gap. According to the service history they were last changed 13tkm ago, about the same as the lifespan of daytona plugs... Hopefully new ones will get her running towards the end of the week, last time I checked they were in Neumünster Germany about to dispatch here.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #22
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:32 AM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hey Mattson.

The UK Bike mag "Fast Bikes" does a write-up on used sport bikes every month. I'll see if I can find it...scan it & plug it into this thread for you. If I remember the write up has all the advice on how to make this bike a solid runner.

Beez
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #23
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Thx mate any info I can get I'll read with great interest however it seems the most common mods and upgrades seem to have already been done (waterproof coils, IAT relocate to front, clutch+starter drive upgrade, airbox drain reroute)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2018, 06:48 AM   #24
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

the bikes do get their lineage from the firearms manufacturer, its just a long way disconnected.

if you want a bike actually built by a firearms manufacturer you have to buy one of the ronin buells. they are made by the magpul guys, or get flint to build you one.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Well fuck a goat... This exhaust conundrum could get tricky... According to the VIN this bike was manufactured in 2003 but since it was first plated in 2006 it is treated as such when it comes to regulations... Thing is Euro standards got a helluva lot stricker 17.6.2003 after which all bikes need exhausts that are "type approved" to that particular model so even the almighty E-mark does not suffice and guess the fuck what not one aftermarket company I've managed to find so far make end cans for this bike... So basically my only chance is to somehow come up with an OEM can somewhere, if ANYONE has a lead on one PLEASE give me a hint! In the meantime gonna chop the Daytona can's integrated link pipe to get the angle right, hopefully that'll be inconspicuous enough to not draw the po-po's attention...

Tracking says my plugs are in Finland, hopefully getting them tomorrow.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #26
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:32 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Man, that is harsh about the muffler. Reading what you guys have to deal with in Europe just baffles me sometimes. Good luck, man.

I do know one local guy ( not very well, he's a bit of a loner) that has a bunch of vintage Benelli's. He's in to rare stuff. I've heard him talking about some modern bikes, but I'm not sure what all he has. I can shout at him if you tell me exactly what to ask him. If not him, I know a couple other places I can shake some bushes.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #27
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Any help I can get is deeply appreciated as you know there`s only two thousand of these bikes ever made so even salvage parts are few and far between! What I need exactly is an 2002 onward OEM exhaust end can of a Benelli Tornado TRE 900, to my knowledge the link pipe should be integral but if it`s not that too.

Just fixed the tail light... Turns out when you remove the tail fairing, which is a bit of a tight fit and requires some manhandling to get out and shoehorning when you put it back, if you pull it too far back the spade connectors inside the tail light detach from the tabs in the light, and you can only see this after you take the entire tail light apart... Italian engineering... What makes electrical stuff fun with this bike is, it`s got a very trigger happy anti-theft system! Poke the wrong wire or shake the bike even the slightest bit and an ear shattering siren fills up the entire garage! And if that didn`t wake up the kids the dogs sure will! As it happens our neighbor`s dog is also here for the night so they could go to a spa or sth so they had a field day upstairs when the alarm started blaring... Needless to say the wife wasn`t pleased, lucky I couldn`t hear her nag cause my ears were ringing so bad.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2018, 08:22 PM   #28
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Mattson,
Home computer won't let send the scanned sized pics??? Try the Fastbikes web site. www.fastbikes.com & look for the August 2014 issue. #6 of web pages. Good luck. Benelli still sells scooters here in murica & theres a shop that I go to for gear that sells them. Next time I'm I'll ask for any additional info on the Tornado TRE.

Beez.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 01:19 AM   #29
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

https://www.benelliforum.com/forum/c...s-sale-wanted/
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #30
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Thx beez gonna try to remember reading it this weekend!

Dave I'm already a member of that forum and at least I couldn't find any mufflers for sale there.

Just took delivery of the plugs a moment ago, come tonight gonna go button up the bike hoping it'll start. And try not to set off the damn alarm again, my left ear still hurts as that thing is fucking LOUD in a confined space. Made me remember my friend who suffered permanent partial hearing loss on his left ear when some doofus forgot to switch on the safety of his assault rifle and it went off inside a closed APC.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion