Rear Wheel swap: 97 gsxr 750 to 93 750? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rear Wheel swap: 97 gsxr 750 to 93 750?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
93gsxr
Fighter
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all
Default Rear Wheel swap: 97 gsxr 750 to 93 750?

Hi,

My project is a 93 gsxr 750. I swapped my front 3 spokes twisted style wheel and fork with a stock 97 straight spokes setup. Im now trying to match my front straight spokes in the rear. I can get my hands on a somehow cheap 97 gsxr straight spokes rear wheel. Would it fit?

1- definitely
2- yes if ...
3- no way

Thanks!
93gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 01:49 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rear Wheel swap: 97 gsxr 750 to 93 750?

it could be made to fit
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 01:53 AM   #3
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

600's are narrower.. not sure if that makes it easier or not.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Not a bolt in. 97 Gsxr750 is a SRAD model and they use a larger 25mm rear axle. The O/C and early W/C 600/750/1100 use a 20mm axle with the widest rim being 5.5 wide.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
93gsxr
Fighter
93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all

Thank you all! What year 90s watercooled came with straight spokes?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gsxr View Post
Thank you all! What year 90s watercooled came with straight spokes?

I thought all the WC came with straight spokes but cant remember. I know the later 750/1100s did. I would just go on eBay and search for Gsxr750W rear wheel or Gsxr1100W rear wheel and go that route.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 10:12 PM   #7
93gsxr
Fighter

I did. Supposedly there was a year (90s) 600 or 750 that had the straight spokes but lighter. Cant remember which one and Ebay isnt helping with weight.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!