Official Fighter Buildoff Details! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff

2007 Streetfighter Buildoff Anything related to the streetfighter buildoff should be in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Official Fighter Buildoff Details!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Official Fighter Buildoff Details!

The Buildoff will run from January 1st, 2007 - May 26th, 2007
As of right now, due to the limited number of people signing up, there will only be 2 categories to start off:
Fighters and Mini Fighters
To be eligible for the mini fighter category: the bike must have come with an engine 200cc or less from the manufacturer.
If we get more people to sign up, we will continue to break things down into more categories, so no one is up against too many other bikes. In the end, we would like to have each bike in a category with no more than 10-15 other bikes.

$500-$10,000 total cost of bike AND mods at fair market value
We have devised a formula that inputs the total cost of the the build into the mix...
Basically... if you spent a ton, you get points deducted, and if you spend very little, you get points added.
This way, if we only have 10 people in with all different bikes, and all different build costs, we can still have some competiton.
The formula only works for bikes between $500-$10,000 but literally, a $500 bike would have just as much chance of winning as a $10,000 bike!!! The key here is "Doing the best with what you've got to work with."
Bikes will be judged by the members on 10 categories:
  1. motor
  2. suspension/brakes
  3. intake/exhaust
  4. rims/tires
  5. lights, guages, electrical
  6. overall build quality
  7. overall look/flow
  8. creativity
  9. paint
  10. Custom Fighters logo usage
As far as prizes go:
ChinaSteve has generously offered to sponsor the buildoff with some of his products, we have some decals to toss in, and we are currently seeking additional sponsors.

If you are entering, you must post in here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...7398#post17398

to let us know that you are entering and what category (Fighter or Mini-Fighter)

Last edited by ab420; 06-02-2007 at 08:37 PM.
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Gunslinger
Fighterer
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
Gunslinger is a good noobieGunslinger is a good noobie
Default Re: Official Fighter Buildoff Details!

So is the contest for purchase of a bike plus mods or an already owned bike and mods made to it.......I hope that wasn't confusing...
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

cost of bike is to be included. thats why the limit is so high.

(cus i wouldnt be allowed otherwise. haha)

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Gunslinger
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam
cost of bike is to be included. thats why the limit is so high.

(cus i wouldnt be allowed otherwise. haha)
I just want to be clear on this......so I can use my bike that I already have but the cost of it has to be included.

If so how to prove the cost of the bike?

If not....back to my drawing board......LOL....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
ab420
Abministrator
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger
I just want to be clear on this......so I can use my bike that I already have but the cost of it has to be included.

If so how to prove the cost of the bike?

If not....back to my drawing board......LOL....
We're going with a friendly fair-market value setup... you tell us what you think it's worth, and we'll tell determine if we think that's fair market value.

This is so that if someone is given a free bike, they don't have a huge advantage over everyone, as we want it to be as fair as possible for all!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Gunslinger
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab420
We're going with a friendly fair-market value setup... you tell us what you think it's worth, and we'll tell determine if we think that's fair market value.

This is so that if someone is given a free bike, they don't have a huge advantage over everyone, as we want it to be as fair as possible for all!
Thank you....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
g-style street-fighter
Bush pilot
Senior Fighterer
g-style street-fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 19 Times in 19 Posts
g-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friends
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - People's Choice Awar 

Holy shit Gunslinger is that you in the avatar??? If so, I knew I had a twin brother somewhere!!! Aren't we lucky.....

So this ain't a total hijack I just wanna say the rules look good to me I can't wait to get goin'.

.....G.....

REMEMBER VOTE FOR G-STYLE
g-style street-fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #8
Blaze
Fighter
Flipped Off 21 Times in 21 Posts
Blaze is a NOOB

I might be missing it but do we have a place to put this on yet?
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
I might be missing it but do we have a place to put this on yet?
We are working on it... Adam actually spoke with some nice people today, who MAY be willing to sponsor the buildoff with some prizes and a place for the actual event...

Whether or not that comes to be, we will definitely figure something out!

We WILL keep you posted!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
DougZ
All star !!!
DougZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
DougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of light

This is awesome. I am sooo in. I prolly wasn't gonna start building mine till after the new year anyway, so this works.
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff