How legal do the fighters have to be? VOTE NOW! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff

2007 Streetfighter Buildoff Anything related to the streetfighter buildoff should be in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > How legal do the fighters have to be? VOTE NOW!

View Poll Results: What should the street-legal requirements be for the Fighter Buildoff:
Headlight 26 100.00%
Taillight 26 100.00%
License Plate Mount 21 80.77%
1st Mirror 11 42.31%
2nd Mirror 3 11.54%
Turn Signals 14 53.85%
Muffler 12 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default How legal do the fighters have to be? VOTE NOW!

So... we need to determince once and for all how legal these fighters have to be so everything's fair.

This is a multiple choice poll, so select EVERYTHING that you think should have to be on the fighters when they are done to be considered "legal" enough for the competition....

Headlight - mounted AND working
Taillight - mounted AND working
License Plate Mount - don't need a legal road plate, but need somewhere to put one
1 Mirror
2nd Mirror (check both mirrors if you think 2 should be in place)
Turn Signals - mounted AND working
Muffler - meaning no straight pipes, bypasses, etc.

VOTE FOR EVERYTHING YOU THINK SHOULD BE INCLUDED TO BE IN THE COMPETITION!!!

Thanks everyone!
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
catman
(cheers smiley goes here)

CF Pimp
catman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:34 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
catman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to behold
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 
Default Re: How legal do the fighters have to be? VOTE NOW!

If you make it to work and back successfully without getting pulled over, Your good !!!!!

Fear Knocked on the door, Faith answered , but noone was there ?

SAME SHIFT , DIFFERENT GEAR
catman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

Muffler is a whole 'nother deal.
I can think of four definitions of a muffler right now.
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
ab420
Abministrator
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haelo
Muffler is a whole 'nother deal.
I can think of four definitions of a muffler right now.
I know, me too, BUT... most states in the US, their general law just states: Muffler: Mufflers required. Some states, like CA go on to say, no bypasses, or holes cut in the muffler on purpose... that's pretty much it. So... I'm thinking if you have a muffler on the bike, that hasn't been modified to be straight thru, then you're good!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
catman
(cheers smiley goes here)

CF Pimp
catman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:34 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
catman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to behold
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 

The whole point is to build the bike the way YOU want it !!
So, If your bold enough to ride without signals or mirrors and not too concerned about getting pulled over for it. Then that's your buisness. I for one am not going to tell anyone they have to put anything on thier ride. when i get pulled over it's never been because they didn't see me signal, shit I'm just a blurrrrrrrr

Fear Knocked on the door, Faith answered , but noone was there ?

SAME SHIFT , DIFFERENT GEAR
catman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Well, you can have a straight through muffler. My bike has two straight through mufflers and two baffles. You can also have plate-type mufflers (turbo style, they're called in the biz) and you can have what they go by in some other countries which is "Don't care what it is, as long as it's quieter than x dBs"

Either way, I don't think we're going to have a huge rash of people saying, "I WANT BIEKS TO HAVE MUFFLARS" on this board. Hopefully not! Then we'll need a muffler poll
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haelo
Well, you can have a straight through muffler. My bike has two straight through mufflers and two baffles. You can also have plate-type mufflers (turbo style, they're called in the biz) and you can have what they go by in some other countries which is "Don't care what it is, as long as it's quieter than x dBs"

Either way, I don't think we're going to have a huge rash of people saying, "I WANT BIEKS TO HAVE MUFFLARS" on this board. Hopefully not! Then we'll need a muffler poll
What I was referring to, is fake mufflers: they look like muffler, but really are just a straight pipe the whole way...

I just added muffler, because people were saying it should be street legal, and there are VERY few places in the world where you can legally ride a bike with no muffler at all.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
dogbreath
Function IS Form

Yeah. It's okay for me, I've got a custom ghetto-made muffler
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I voted for all of them simply because I went out of my way to find acceptable/good looking options for my bike. I ride it every day and the last thing I need to do is draw MORE attention because I don't have mirrors and signals. The options are out there, not having them to me, just seems lazy.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
dogbreath
Function IS Form

That's the thing Endo. I don't have mirrors or signals and my bike doesn't draw attention from the LEO because I don't have to have mirrors or signals, so both of our bikes are street legal where we live but yours has to have more shit than mine - shit I can't really afford.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff