Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

The OTHER XJ build.

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  929_adam 
#1 ·
I'm going to enter the build-off. However, I've got 2 XJ projects working right now. So who knows if I'll actually make any progress on either one.

There's this one you guys would be interested in: '92 Yamaha XJ 600 Seca II. This is how I purchased it 2 months ago...

It's pretty much stock except for a Yosh pipe the P.O. installed.

I'll probably be asking a lot of noob questions, so if you get sick of it lemme know!

My other XJ project is an '88 Jeep Cherokee I'm trying to build for (somewhat) street reliability and light duty off road trails.

That being said, this bike project will not likely win any medals of honor, but I'm hoping to "make it my own" i guess. And from looking around on here a little I'm intrigued by some of the stuff you guys are building.

PLUS! We can ride year-round here in NC, so the thought of having long periods of down-time for mods to the bike is not cool to me. :D

See less See more
#5 ·
glad to see your entering. im confused as to what you mean by XJ project...XJ is a motorbike but a jeep cherokee??

also dont forget to make an 'official' thread thead in the buildoff entries section.

3 more days!

#6 ·
In the 4x4 world, a Jeep Cherokee is known as an XJ.
I own one of those that I'm building for trails.

My bike is also an XJ 600. I call it my "other XJ". Hence, the 2 XJ projects I was talking about.

The yellow-tipped rod was installed by the P.O. as cheap highway pegs. I've removed it... not really my thing.

#9 ·
Currently runnin' a 4-door Pioneer, auto, 4x4, 4.0 Lo-Output. I'm hoping to do a Ford 8.8 rear end swap soon.

Used to have a 2-door that I LOVED. Was my rig in high school, but when it got super problematic, I sold it and picked up my current heep.

Maybe I should start a thread on here for that build up, too!

As for this bike... I'm SERIOUSLY open to suggestions. I've thought about wrapping the header. Would high temp paint work, though? I'd settle for just a nice even flat black look on 'em.

I'm also researching some front-end solutions. I'd like a good looking way to scrap the fairings and run a dual lamp setup.

#10 ·
ya gotta get that whole upper fairing and headlight off of there so we can help you to visualize!

and if your gonna paint the exhaust you need hi temp paint (mbe pj1 ...ask skroOze abt that hehe) remember

PPP=PPP

piss poor prep = piss poor paint

#13 ·
YAH kilby go ahead and pull that off.

start an official thread too. use your before pic...and put one without the fairing.

:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.