FSLflints 1987 Yamaha FZ-700 Discussion - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries > Fighter Buildoff Discussions

Fighter Buildoff Discussions Here there is a seperate thread to discuss each fighter build in the contest.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FSLflints 1987 Yamaha FZ-700 Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: FSLflints 1987 Yamaha FZ-700 Discussion

Wheres the pics man! I'm lookin forward to seeing this thing!

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

pics dude,post them pics
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

TEASE!

sounds sick! STILL cant wait to see the pics. im really curious how your subframe is going to turn out.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

notice the awesome rear hugger.... its the front fender split in half and reversed..... FREEBIE!!!

the cheapest cool looking reseviors ever.... free

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

Lookin good Zach!

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #16
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

werd dude,thats gunna be sick
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looking great man!

I agree with you though, a braced swingarm would set it off nicely. Keep up the good work man!

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #18
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'm lookin for forks and wheels right now. if anybody has an extra set of either you want to get rid of for cheap, send me a pm. I just want something to update it, rims should be 17" so that I can get decent rubber for them (unlike the 16" and 18" on there now). and the forks need to be straight. I prefer inverted.

also, if anybody has a set of pod filters layin around that you want to get rid of, just let me know.

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC

sometime this week I want to drop the engine out and finish the body work on the tank (filling one tiny dent, smoothing around the gas cap, and smoothing the seam around the base of the tank).

any advice for rebuilding my first streetbike motor?

should I replace the pistons? or just the rings?

I'm hoping that the cylinders won't need re-bored, just a bit of honing.

I hope to have it running again in 2 weeks.

also hopefully I'll get the battery tray fabbed up and the bike rewired.

since I have access to a lathe and mill now I thing I'm gonna (hopefully) do some machining for things like the exhaust and grips.

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #20
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC

and for those of you that don't remember what my FZ looked like before the build off started.

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries > Fighter Buildoff Discussions