CRF3's '97 Honda F3 project "Namonaki" Discussion - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries > Fighter Buildoff Discussions

Fighter Buildoff Discussions Here there is a seperate thread to discuss each fighter build in the contest.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CRF3's '97 Honda F3 project "Namonaki" Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
trav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of light
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 3rd Place 
Default Re: CRF3's '97 Honda F3 project "Namonaki" Discussion

I think it cleans it really nice. Looks good! Did you take everything off to paint it or did you just paint them while they were on?
trav72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
CRF3
hack
Senior Fighterer
CRF3's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 12 Times in 12 Posts
CRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friends

9 cans of brake cleaner. I just masked everything off, didnt feel like taking the covers off, and scraping the gaskets. I just hope I got it clean enough that the paint stays on...

It is not the critic who counts..... -T. Roosevelt
CRF3 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #13
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

brake cleaner is expendable!
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i forgot all about you doing that gsxr swap. i wish i had better pics of how i mounted the one i did, might have made for less head scratching. be sure to post up some close ups of the new mounts, i wanna see how you went about it.

you making that fender from scratch?? kewl

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #15
CRF3
hack
Senior Fighterer
CRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friendsCRF3 is making some friends

not quite from scratch, usewd spray foam and crisco in the old fender. then lots of blondo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #16
CRF3
hack
Senior Fighterer

I sent the frame off to a welder for the attachment (I cant weld, and I didnt want it to fell off). he did a great job, I posted a closeup of the weld. I should probably not throw my girlfriend on the back anymore, right?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #17
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light

is it just the lower mounts, or did you tie the upper in too? if it's just the lower half, then no, i wouldn't put anyone on the back

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #18
CRF3
hack
Senior Fighterer

just the lower, and yeah, thats what the welder said too. I wasnt sure if that was a mount or not, never seen it on the proper bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #19
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp

yeah, i left alot of the stock f3 upper rail in place and tied the gsxr to it. i was building the bike to sell at a shop, so i had to make it every bit as streetable as stock.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #20
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict
Dudad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Dudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friends

that seems like a very small bracket to be under so much stress all the time......I think I would of made an upper bracket brace also.

Originally Posted by haelo
"I guess I'm unique in not wanting to get stupid-people-germs on me."

Yeah I ride a katana, SO WHAT>!>

Dudad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries > Fighter Buildoff Discussions