Project NARF! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project NARF!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Project NARF!

as some of ya know I recently aquired a ZXR and as I have no idea what to do with it. It's now my buildoff entry

this is a cunning plan to motivate me into doing summut with it, rather than leaving it to rot while I get sidetracked with playstation games, TV, and Dribbling brain outa my ears as I listen to the constant clacking of Mrs.Bobs Knitting needles*

and keeping true to my well orginized past builds......
...... I forgot to buy a paper

so as usual.. Not Organized at all

but this little detail aint gunna hold me back.. instead the fact that it's dark outside will stop me doing any actual work till the weekend

although I intend to spend this time trying to figure out a direction and as I have a name and like the sound of me own voice (or in this case... the sound of a tapping Keyboard**) I thought I'd dive straight in before I found an excuse not too

Discuss (oh! and propper piccys to follow when I get a paper)

*Yes, now she's a granny she's living the dream.. Knitting furiously and awaiting the onset of dimensia

**well! it helps to drown out the needles
Name:  102_2371.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  399.8 KBName:  102_2372.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  330.3 KBName:  102_2374.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  372.7 KBName:  102_2375.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  421.8 KB

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following User Says F-U to Sideshow bob For This Post:
Papabear (11-02-2010)

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Project NARF!

So my first thoughts for the ZXR where "it's gotta be better than Roadkill" but all that's done is demotivate me......

and as I contemplated this I realised why....

....Roadkill was built as a bit of fun....
It was never Designed* for anyone else, it's whole purpose was to make me smile & it achieves this in bucket loads then the Icing on the cake was, many of you appreciate the orange beasie too

this got me Thinking start how I started that build......

and that build started with a name

So, I thought about who inspires/influences me in the vain hope that'd produce a suitable theme...... It didn't
but while pondering thermo-nuclear strikes and plotting world domination.. the old grey cells remembered the words of the great philosipher Pinky who asked the now immortal question "What are we doing tonight brain?"

"NARF!" or more procisely N.A.R.F.**

*and I use the word losely
**I'll let you figure it out

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

this morning I thought I better take some date authentication pics.....

So having bought a copy of The Sun, I fired up the camera only to find said paper had mysteriously disappeared..... Instead issue 202 came to me rescue

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

as its still sat in its sterilized plastic wrapper.

..... I decided to take a closer look

and the fairings are in a prietty poor shape

good job they destined for the great recycling plant in the sky*

then after 20min strugling to remove a dozen bolts&screws......
(because
A) MrsBob has conveniently erected a stupid plastic greenhouse thingamajig in my allocated bike building area so I had no room
B) none of the screw/bolts matched either head type or size)

........ I decided to move her to a less restricted area

this may sound like a simple task..... but no!

*commonly known as SKIPdom

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

After running the gauntlet of mud holes, Dog eggs, carniverous plants, overgrown grass & long lost childrens toys that we laughingly call a garden. I'd managed to move the ZXR the 15mtrs to the back of the house were another slabbed area lay in wait.......

only to trip over the last hurdle

after swearing and giving it a good shoe-ing* I took the opertunity to look at it from a different angle ........

It didn't improve things

*repeately kicking it untill I realised I wern't wearing steal toe-capped boots and my foot was beginning to hurt..... AH therapy! who needs it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Bike finally positioned....

I got to take a look at what I got and the first thoughts were........

the poorly done duke tail conversion has gotta go (altho it may get reserected in a better position at some point)

as has the thermostat..... (cant have that ugly thing siting like that)

and likewise.... the hideous reservoir tank

But...... the hoover* tubes, which have always appealed to me, I wanna try and keep.. Unfortunatly I have no idea how yet!.....

HMMMMMM! I feel a plan forming

*other brands of Vacuum cleaners are available

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Unlike some of me fellow Buildofferers.....

I didn't get much done yesterday....
the remaining tail plastics were remove, but this can hardly be called DingW

as you can see this involved cutting away half a dozen cable ties*

then I removed the lights

before finally getting sidetracked into helping Mrs.Bob fit some heated grips** to her Thundercats (Ho!)

and then it was dark

*after the strain of this I stopped for a well earned rest
**big wuss that she is!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

the snails pace continues.......

unlike the Blade, the ZXR doesn't seem to be inspiring me..

by rights, this thing, should be stripped down, neatly spread out and being seperated into Keep, Mod, Get-rid piles... but here at SSB towers we don't do stuff like that

instead we sit around, drinking tea, smoking and finding excuses not to go out into the cold
& yesterday I had the perfect excuse...... It was me birthday, so I had to mourn* the passing of another year not to mention man the fire extinguishers incase the wildfire that was my cake got out of control

* or assess the damage

This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

so today, happy that the mighty flame of birthdaydom hadn't destroyed the neighbourhood...

I have finally got down to the base for me build....

gone is the mighty subframe of doom, along with the botched electrical mess that was being passed off as a harness.....

I also thought the yokes I got with the big tube frame....

may come in handy, so bunged them on too

and as you may have noticed these give me my first problem*......

the stem is too long so It not gunna be a simple case off changing bearings

altho... I live in hope that a spacer of somesort may solve this before I have to change stems...... we'll see........................

*other than all the rusty bolts that, like squatters, refuse to move

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

............... the more pressing* issue is

I dont like the forks... and altho not important to some......
to me, If i don't like them I wont be using that yoke so there no point getting it to fit.....

but as luck would have it, I still got Roadkills original front end & even better. as right side ups go, I quite like the blades bouncy bouncy tubie thingys**

unfortunatly the blades forkleg diameter is not the same as the H2s.... but again Luck is a great thing... as it looks like the donor yokes forks(of unknown origin) are

now to shuffle all the parts together and see if it gives me a usable front end

*excuse the crap pun
**technical term

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads