"Crisis" Gixxer 7/11 Build- XavierSPL - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > "Crisis" Gixxer 7/11 Build- XavierSPL

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer
XavierSPL's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
XavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: "Crisis" Gixxer 7/11 Build- XavierSPL

I've done quite a bit of snaking wires in my day but gettin that brake line through the swinger was pretty rough.. For anyone thinkin bout taking that project I'd def recommend the DIY brake line kits, I looked at em but couldn't find the colors I wanted.. Dropped some grommets in the holes pretty snug to make sure the line doesn't rub also.

Swingarm's ALMOST done, gotta have a collar cut for the pivot bolt then I'll go nuts with the loctite.. I am starting to have a concern as to whether or not the Brembo rear master cylinder can pump the 4 piston caliper from a VFR, just hadn't thought of that until I saw how huge the VFR cylinder was.. I should have the brembo soon then I'll know better.. I also noticed that due to the just-less-then vertical position of the ohlins shock it rubs a bit on the hole on the swinger, the rim and 210 tire will be here soon as well so once I have those and the bike sitting on the ground I'll know if I need to grind it down a bit..
Here she is now, starting to look like a bike!! Dying to get my tripples back and mounted up!
XavierSPL is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer
XavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of light

Not a huge update but got my brembo cylinder and sized it up next to the VFR and it looks a bit too small, I won't know if it'll pump the VFR caliper until I get the back rim and tire mounted up next week or so, if it doesn't I'll be grabbing a brembo caliper off a newer ducati and will have to have to someone make up a bracket for it..
Here they are side by side:

The brembo will have a nice clean look on the bike though and by swinging the caliper forward a bit I was able to get plenty of slack for swingarm travel:

I need to ditch that fugly hanger bracket.. 1. because it's fugly 2. because I need to swing it forward to this position:

(yes, I know I can use the bracket as it, but now it looks even worse..)
So I took this useless shifter rod that came with my rearsets and sliced it

I'll drill it and tap it this weekend and make a nice looking adjustable link out of it..
Besides that, I started getting the rear ohlins all sorted, by adding a bit of space with a washer or 2 between the shock mount and frame I now have clearance in the swingarm hole and don't have to worry about it rubbing.. An RC51 shock linkage lined up perfectly:

I have 2 adjustable ride height links on the way to finish it off and keep it adjustable..

My tripples are done and on the way back to me along with the slew of other parts so hopefully by the end of next week this thing will be on 2 wheels and a kickstand!!!
These people High Fived XavierSPL!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #13
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer

There's been a few points in this build where I've considered points of diminishing returns after spending a significant amount of a particular part.. Today, was not one of those points. I got my tripples back today, and fit em up right quick to have a gander:

It's not snag free as the upper clamp is rubbing a bit on the stem so I've got to grind that down a bit but regardless, I'm fekkin psyched bout the way it looks

On a bad note, after much debate over what rear rim to go with, I ended up with a fleabay powerseller cancelling my order after 9 days of waiting.. Dick... So, I'm back to the drawing board on the back rim and will have to consider another style, narrowed it down to a couple that have higher offsets then I was looking for so I may have to add a thicker spacer then the 1" I have..

EDIT:
Oh yeah, if ya didn't notice the panels on the wall - somehow I have to figure out how to finish my basement and the bike in the next 4 weeks(ish).. WTF???

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads