Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #31
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build

Since I'm keeping the stock tail, I want to rework my seat to look like this:

I'm not paying $330 for a new Corbin, so I will try and cut the foam to shape and re-cover it.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

So, if I remove the headers and turn them upside down, and a few minutes later there is a small puddle of oil under 2 of the 4 pipes, what does that mean?

I'm hoping it just means that the bike got knocked over and stayed on it's side for a little while... ???

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #33
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

So, hopefully that bit of oil thing turns out to be nothing... in the meantime, I'm trying the freeze-water-in-the-pipes trick to try and remove these big nasty dents.

Half a gallon of water, and out they go for the night!

Back inside where it's warm, I took some measurements and a guess or two, and busted out the grinder. 10 minutes later, the swingarm fits, and I'm within a 1/4" of center with the wheel.

Using an RC30(VFR750R) 15T front sprocket, it fits and has 1/4" offset from the factory. Need to get a 525 rear sprocket to match, so I can use this spare 525 chain I had hanging around.

After that I just kinda putzed around, hung the Arata on there for a visual:

And in true Honda fashion, I found these on a set of VF1000R forks I had in a corner, and figured they'd be useful for mounting a fender...

Also came up with a nice plan for the rearsets.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #34
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

During the rest of this week, I'm going to work on:
- the rearset mount plates
- pulling the battery tray and other crap that's in the way of installing the shock
- grind the rear lower frame rail in prep for welding on the new dogbone mounts
- draw up the 2 new spacers needed for the swingarm
- draw up new left side rear wheel spacer
- get quotes for having those 3 items machined...

- do a compression test on the motor?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #35
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Didn't actually freeze on Monday night... figures, since it hadn't NOT been below freezing for over a month... I did check the header very briefly this morning(just felt it for a sec while walking to my truck) and it seems like some of the dents did get pushed out.

Will bring it inside tonight to thaw for round 2, and will of course get pics!

Working on borrowing a compression tester too...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #36
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

No real change overnight on the header dents. I put more water in in and will check it again tonight. If there isn't any significant improvement, then I'm going to weld on some studs with the tig and try to pull them out.

Come to think of it, the 2 pipes that are crushed are the 2 that leaked oil. Hmm.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #37
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Taillight brackets are made...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #38
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #39
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

The extra hole is where the mini stalk blinkers will mount. The fender is getting cut back to just forward of that hole. I'm going to run a bracket between those two signal holes to mount the plate to. The brackets are all .125" aluminum.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #40
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

I moved the plug for the taillights/rear signals. It was facing out the bottom of the housing, I cut a hole and now have it facing the front of the bike. With the light in its new location, there was no room to have it connect the old way.

I also finished the trim on the fender. While getting happy with the sawzall out back, I forgot all about the headlight being held in with just one little piece of masking tape... oops... shattered on the floor...

Hopefully all the Chinese parts I ordered show up soon, so I can finish the mockup of the front end. Planning to work on the front fender over the next few days. That leaves me with finalizing the fitment of the swingarm and the shock.

After that, it's carbs/seat/paint/pretty everything up and time to call it a day! *

* minus the possible top end rebuild...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads