Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #41
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sloppy Seconds - Seb's CB900F build

Rearset adapter plates are in the works. One side almost done, other to follow. Will need a couple spacers turned up before I can attach.

Yet another day where I could have done more if I had the proper equipment!

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #42
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Started my day with this piece of 1/2" 6061 drop off, the old rearsets, and the new rearsets.

I tigged up a new bandsaw blade and cut a couple blanks from the drop, and transferred the hole centers from the old bracket to the blanks.

The new adapters will attach the same way the old brackets did, via the swingarm pivot bolt and the lower engine mount bolt. The Vortex rearsets will attach with the lower engine mount bolt, and one new tapped hole location. This moves the pegs about 5" straight back from the stock position.

I need to shape the adapters a bit to pretty them up, and make spacers to line them up on the bike in such a way that the swingarm pivot and engine mount bolt don't need to be shortened.

Of course I could just extend the threads and cut the bolts down, but I actually need the peg brackets spaced off the frame to make room for the shift linkage and the brake master.

I might use this as a base for a custom front fender, it's a VF1000R fender mount bracket. I like it because it has the same little flip up spoiler shape that the stock CB fender and tail have. It'll need to be widened a bit if I use it.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #43
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

If I'm lucky, I'll have a few minutes tonight to try and fit a 900RR footpeg holder in one of the Vortex rearsets.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #44
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Sorry, I fell asleep on the couch instead of doing work.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Due to replacing a wheel bearing in my truck, I forgot about trying the peg out. I did put on the new Driven grips, F4i clutch perch, and bar end signals.

Also had one awesome day this week where we hit 60 degrees(!) so I was able to open the garage door and take a pic from a new angle. Sorry for all the stuff in the way...

Still waiting for my levers and mirror mounts to arrive.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #46
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

When I cut the old grips off, I found the bar had plugs in the ends with the K&N symbol. Wonder if it's actually a K&N Super Bar?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #47
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Knifemaker(Chris) sent me his "prototype/V 1.0" aluminum rear brake res, and I put it to good use on my front brake master.

Also pictured, Koso mirrors on Thai mounts.

Unfortunately I've been lazy and haven't worked on a bike all week. No levers yet either. I'm building up some motivation though... I think! lol

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #48
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

So, I bought a CRF450 rear master that I was hoping to use on this bike. It has an integrated reservoir and sight glass, which is pretty cool IMO. No hoses and crap outside of the brake line itself.

Problem is, the bore size is 3/8", while the stock one is 1/2". Pretty big difference, and it means a lot of pedal travel for the same braking power.

So...

1. I don't use the rear brake much anyway.
2. Can I ream/bore the CRF master to 1/2" and install the internals from the VFR master? Since the stroke length doesn't matter as much as the bore size, it makes sense to me that (given enough wall thickness) this should be possible?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #49
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Took me a little while to figure this out, but I have my gearing nailed. Here's the facts...

- Stock CB900F gearing is 530 pitch, 17/44 giving a ratio of 2.59.

- The VFR750R (RC30) front sprocket that I'm using is 525 pitch, and I am using it because it has a factory offset of ~.25" built in.

- Needed a 525 pitch rear sprocket

- RC30 sprocket is 15T... (-2) in front is more extreme than I want

- Need a 525 pitch 39T rear sprocket to achieve near stock ratio of 2.60.

- The CBR wheel is smaller overall than the oem CB wheel, which means faster acceleration, so, staying with stock gear ratio would be fine.

- Unable to find 525 pitch 39T rear sprocket that fits VF500F hub...

So, I can pick between a 38T and a 40T rear sprocket for a gear ratio of 2.53 or 2.67. The CBR wheel with stock ratio of 2.60 will yield at least a (-1) feel...

So do I go with the 38T, or the 40T??? I'm thinking the 40T(JTR1332.40), as that will end up feeling like a (+3 rear) conversion on a stock CB900F...

Hmm... I'd have a real frankenstein drive... mix of RC30/CB750 Nighthawk/VF500F/Suzuki chain

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #50
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Chinese levers showed up yesterday, pics later... they're very nice.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads