project: Pre-Mix Only discussion thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads

2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads All discussions about the 2011 Buildoff entries should go in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > project: Pre-Mix Only discussion thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
sbk904
mekanik
Fighterer
sbk904's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sbk904 is making some friendssbk904 is making some friendssbk904 is making some friends
Default project: Pre-Mix Only discussion thread

first post of my discussion thread...should i just copy/paste over from the build thread?
sbk904 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
sbk904
mekanik
Fighterer
sbk904 is making some friendssbk904 is making some friendssbk904 is making some friends
Default Re: project: Pre-Mix Only discussion thread

sooo, without actually cross-posting everything that's already been cross-posted so far i'll start the discussion:

i'm still trying to figure out how to make a seat work....after re-measuring i feel i would be better off making a seat to go with the KZ tail rather than buying the ebay special vietnamese seat cover/foam to cafe out the stock seat pan....

i can make the pan no problemo, but any ideas as where i get some firm seat foam??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my premix only '11 buildoff entry: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=42527

discuss it here: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=42528
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
sbk904
mekanik
Fighterer

also, i'm stalled on progress til tuesday at the earliest....waiting for a big shipment from economy cycle with tires/bearings etc. (haha, all the stuff i can't "make" or recycle)

also can't work on the rear shock placement just yet, the ebay shock i was sent was the wrong one, i bought an 08-09 R6 shock, they shipped out an '08 R6S and the reservoir was orientated differently, so it won't fit.

i wish i had a lathe so i could upsize the front wheel bearing pockets mself, but i'm going to have to go make friends with a local machinist for that.. also going to have to have a rotor spacer made...

speaking of the rotor spacer, would it be better to make the spacer and just use long bolts, or make the spacer bolt to the hub, and make the rotor bolt to the spacer like the automotive bolt pattern adapter/spacers?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my premix only '11 buildoff entry: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=42527

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
ducdon
Fighter
ducdon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:31 PM
ducdon is well likedducdon is well likedducdon is well likedducdon is well likedducdon is well likedducdon is well liked

RDs are great bikes and deserving of a modernization. Keep up the good work...... I'm following closely. especially the front end conversion ... might work well on my XS someday. Was there any difference in the length of the original RD forks and the new ones?
ducdon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
sbk904
mekanik
Fighterer

mocked up the forks.

not digging the tail today.

however, broke down the seat pan and took a powered filet knife to the foam.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
drugstation
fighter Bandit 1200
Noobie
drugstation's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:31 PM
drugstation is a good noobiedrugstation is a good noobie

what a really nice project ! 2 stroke rock :P
drugstation is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

The tail is fine, but can you lower the end of it down a little? I think it would look better.
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #8
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Very few decent tires available for 18" wheels, and there will be less in the future.

That's the reason most of us convert from 18" wheels to 17s.

Good luck with the build!
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
sbk904
mekanik
Fighterer

haha, by most of us, you mean you smoker?

there is no way myself or this engine/frame combination will be able to outride the two commonly available 18 tires, and besides i think a 180/55-17 on the rear of a ~40hp bike is just silly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
JiggyFly
Banned
CF Addict
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Flip Offs: 26
Flipped Off 58 Times in 44 Posts
JiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to allJiggyFly is a name known to all

Before you machine the wheel for different bearings, can you tell me what's in it now, & what size axle you're converting to?
JiggyFly is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads