Project "Crisis" Discussion - XavierSPL - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads

2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads All discussions about the 2011 Buildoff entries should go in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project "Crisis" Discussion - XavierSPL

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer
XavierSPL's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:28 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
XavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Project "Crisis" Discussion - XavierSPL

Here's where we sling the bullshki!
XavierSPL is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
One80Auto
DUSTOFF
Fighterer
One80Auto's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
One80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of lightOne80Auto is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Project "Crisis" Discussion - XavierSPL

I am jealous of the budget! Impressive project for sure, where do you see most of that money going? Turbo? Suspension? Wheels? Looking forward to following along.
One80Auto is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer
XavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of lightXavierSPL is a glorious beacon of light

So far expenses are already over $4k, which includes the frame and misc. parts that came with it, the donor GSXR 1100, the Ohlins shock and ducati sub-frame, tail, etc.. I am planning on spending a bit on the front end, and the $$ for turbo if I go that route will be substantial, but aside from that it will be a lot of the small stuff that adds up quickly, like motogadget guages, front controls, brembo brakes all round, dynatek ingnition, engine top end work (undecided on specifics here - minimum of refresh, rings, gaskets, etc.).. I'm still eyeballing Flints custom triples/bars set up thinkin it would perfect for this build..
These people High Fived XavierSPL!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

That front end would be killer for sure, and about fitting for what it sounds like your headed to!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
That front end would be killer for sure, and about fitting for what it sounds like your headed to!
Only thing I'm struggling with is I can't find any deals on Ohlins forks that will fit his triples, so I'm torn, either go for the bars/triples for better looks but lesser quality suspension, or get a deal on Ohlins and have custom triples made to fit those for better handling/adjustability..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
waltari
KatBuilder
Fighterer
waltari's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:28 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
waltari is a good noobiewaltari is a good noobie

The thing I'm confused about is spending all that cash for a high end suspension and then throwing a 240 tire on it which will have a negative effect on your handling...doesn't really make sense to me.
waltari is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltari View Post
The thing I'm confused about is spending all that cash for a high end suspension and then throwing a 240 tire on it which will have a negative effect on your handling...doesn't really make sense to me.
Goin with a 210..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT put a 1125 CR headlight on it. They are way way to fucking big.

And you can have your triples bored out a few MM to fit the Ohlins forks.
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Truckinduc!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
XavierSPL
Corporate Fuckstick
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT put a 1125 CR headlight on it. They are way way to fucking big.
Are we talking about the same light?? (There is another light that is unarguably hideous.)

This user High Fived XavierSPL!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Ya thats the one.
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Discussion Threads