Robyb's CBR F2 fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads

2011 Buildoff Entry Threads All 2011 buildoff entry build threads must be posted in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Robyb's CBR F2 fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Robyb
Noobie
Local Time: 03:36 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Robyb is a good noobieRobyb is a good noobieRobyb is a good noobie
Talking Robyb's CBR F2 fighter

Hello . this is my first documented build . First of all , i am sorry for my bad english , i am from Romania.

I presented my last build only when it was finished . Here you can see it : http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38403

So here i go : this is my Honda CBR F2 . from '93 ( i think) in the curent state .

i am looking to get a single sided swingarm , upSideDown forks . custom headlight mask , custom tail , some nice exhaust sistem , and still more...
Robyb is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Robyb!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Robyb
Noobie
Default Re: Robyb's CBR F2 fighter

some parts started arriving .

Titan exhaust sistem from Yoshimura , with a r55 yoshi exhaust . When i got the exhaust pipes i was thinking of cleaning them , but when i saw the blue color i just fel in love so i am leaving them as they are .

i also found a BMC air filter in my garaj that is in great shape . i will use this one .

Just finished synchronizing my carbs , did a good job , the throttle response is great an smooth

i am now waiting on some other parts ....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Robyb
Noobie

got my Renthal handle bar and custom risers .

nothing impressive here . i like the risers . they will get a final coat of paint in the end.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Robyb
Noobie

after a couple of days of stupid people , i finally got my honda VFR single sided swingarm complet with break disc and caliper . Plus one sweet looking VFR wheel .

there is a little rust , break caliper is in poor shape . there is no chain rotor ( i think) . but no problem . i will fix everything to work and look awsome !!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Robyb
Noobie

so i got the chance of having a better look at the swingarm and wheel.

The VFR swingarm is wider then the CBR swingarm . and i need to buid a suspenssion support on the swingarm .

Can anyone tell me where i can find some info on how to do an easy conversion ? Should i cut the swingarm or the frame, or bouth ?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
Robyb
Noobie

my tachometer just arrived . it is nice, i like it , simple but shows a lot of info . neutral / oil / high beam/ signal / trip 1/2

nothing to report about the build . it is still cold here , i cant work in the cold
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
Robyb
Noobie

So i have to make this part for the swingarm conversion . The rear suspension from the CBR is to short and wrong angle for the VFR swingarm

i uploaded the files with imageshack . when i tried to upload them here i got this message " You have exceeded the number of files allowed to you" is that normal ?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
Robyb
Noobie

so , back again after a long time i got the chance of working on this project . I am involved in two other projects and my time is short .

the part that holds the VFR swingarm and the CBR suspension is finally ready , or 90% ready . i will instal some new bearings in the part + new bearings in the VFR swingarm because the CBR axle that hold the swingarm in the frame is thinner .

I installed the swingarm in the frame with the wheel just to see in everything is working , and it is just fine . the chain is aligned with the sprocket .

here are a couple of quick pics. ( i upload with imageshack , the forum uploader wont let me)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Robyb
Noobie

So i got the vfr swingarm off the bike to mount the spacers and bearings, i forgot to take pictures . i will come back with that later on

I mounted the exhaust sistem just to see how it fits . i sould have monted it before removing the vfr swingarm , but whatever . it looks great on the bike , i'm curious how does it sound .

I am waiting for the front end USD forks . i will post pics of it when it arrives .

here's a pic forthe exhaust sistem

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #10
Robyb
Noobie

so i got new parts for my bike . new front end . usd forks . came from a kawasaki zx 7 r .

now i have to fit the zxr yoke the the cbr frame . have to change the axle and bearings frome the yoke to fit.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2011 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2011 Buildoff Entry Threads