XS850 Triple Cafe Project - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > XS850 Triple Cafe Project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #41
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: XS850 Triple Cafe Project

I'm sure those screws are anti-tamper. Do you have a security bit set? One of them may fit them. After you're done setting the timing, be sure to replace them with ones you can actually take on and off
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #42
n8isarockstar
Fighter
n8isarockstar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
n8isarockstar is a NOOB

I wish it were that easy... but I do think I might have figured it out. I'm thinking the original bolts snapped off and this is what's left
n8isarockstar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #43
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8isarockstar View Post
I wish it were that easy... but I do think I might have figured it out. I'm thinking the original bolts snapped off and this is what's left
I didn't say it would be easy
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #44
BlackBII
ARNOLD!
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
BlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8isarockstar View Post
Some manufacturers use bolts like this. They are torqued down and when they hit the right spec, the head snaps off. This makes it so they cannot be tampered with easily.

When you put a timing light up to it, what is it currently at?

It looks like you can adjust the timing with that flat head screw in the upper left. If you loosen that, can you slide the point a little bit? There should be timing marks on that slider.

New forks look good!

xs850 build thread CLICKY

cbr600 build thread CLICKY
BlackBII is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived BlackBII!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #45
n8isarockstar
Fighter
n8isarockstar is a NOOB

The timing was off. Read 1F which, because of the book, I know what to do.
I think you are right Black, cause that is def what it seemed like. No worry..I manned up and just drilled them out. And they are out now. Will replace with something actually use-able on Monday when I get back from vacation (where I am now).

Also, that link to the 3-1 exhaust...good call. Talked to the guy, and he's shipping me those pipes, a set of MKII's and potentially a standard tank. All for a great deal. Everyone has been so helpful with this..its amazing. This is what forums are for. My buddy who is on a forum for building custom model planes is completely jealous cause he said his forum is full of a bunch of jerk faces. ha.

ok..back to the matter at hand. I can't wait to set the timing and put a good set of carbs and pipes on there and see how much better it sounds/runs.
n8isarockstar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived n8isarockstar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #46
spdu4ia
Speed Euphoria
CF Addict
spdu4ia's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
spdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to beholdspdu4ia is a splendid one to behold

i've been watching you here and your doing a great job. way to man up and drill those bolts out... hope that is what you needed.
spdu4ia is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #47
n8isarockstar
Fighter
n8isarockstar is a NOOB

is it possible to use another battery? this ones a MONSTER!! I'd love to put it down under the carbs/air filters...or even hide it under the tank.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #48
n8isarockstar
Fighter
n8isarockstar is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBII View Post
One other thing, if you have the budget for it, is to look for some Mikuni carbs. Either off a triumph sprint, being 36mm flat slide mikunis, or, off an xs750, being 34mm MKII's (which is what I used on my 850)
What size Jets did you put in there? just change the main jets? or the pilot jets too.

I'm hoping i should get the Carbs in this week. might as well be ready.

ps. I remember reading your 850 build and you waiting for your seat to come in....
IT REALLY DOES TAKE FOREVER (or at least feels like it)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
BlackBII
ARNOLD!
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
BlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of lightBlackBII is a glorious beacon of light

I would go with a moty design battery or something similar. They are very small and very light, but have great power

Do you know what year xs750 the carbs are off of?

I'm running 42.5 pilots, 132.5 mains and the stock needles raised one notch, and it seems to run pretty good.

When you get your carbs, I would pull the bowls off and see what jets it has in it, give them a quick clean if needed, and put them on your bike. Start it up and see how it runs and then put in bigger jets if needed

And yeah, waiting for the airtech seat seems like forever!

xs850 build thread CLICKY

cbr600 build thread CLICKY
BlackBII is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #50
twr3cks
GURU
CF Pimp
twr3cks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:29 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 32 Times in 7 Posts
twr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant futuretwr3cks has a brilliant future

+1 for the MOTY battery. http://motydesign.com/
twr3cks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions