LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!! - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries

2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries Final build pictures as well as the full build threads are in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #21
DoDriven
Fighter
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
DoDriven is a good noobieDoDriven is a good noobie
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 2nd Place 
Default Re: LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

So it seems to be the general consensus that the scoring system sucks.

The bike that wins should be the overall favorite of all the members, right? I mean, I understand the whole "work with what you've got thing," but I still don't understand why we couldn't just do the same thing we do for the FOTM. The winner should be the member's favorite, not a bike that got mediocre scores but cost $500 to build and therefore they win.
DoDriven is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #22
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
trav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of light
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 3rd Place 

Since this site is all about the members.....how about we do a vote? Leave the scoring as it is or vote like we do for FOTM.

When life gives you lemons, you say "Fuck the Lemons" and bail.
trav72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #23
DoDriven
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72
Since this site is all about the members.....how about we do a vote? Leave the scoring as it is or vote like we do for FOTM.
I think that's a great idea. I just think that the member's favorite should be the one to get the prizes... since that is how competitions are supposed to go.

Even better, make the voters have to rank the 12 finished builds 1-12. 1 being their least favorite and 12 being their favorite. That way everyone gets rank, where as some of the FOTM contestants end up with no votes.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #24
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp
trav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep I like that too. I vote change the current system.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #25
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 10 Posts
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked

Thats why say leave it to ppl that aren't even members. It won't even be about ppl voting for favorites. It'll be about ppl in the bussiness impartially looking through everyone's thread and see what happened to the bike, instead of ppl that haven't really paid attention and just vote for the nicest pic.

One of the other sites I'm on runs through that problem that it's a popularity contest. The masses vote for a bike that has a nice picture instead of a bike the owner really worked hard for. I swear, sometimes I think they wouldn't know taste if the chewed on Starburst.

We have 10 sponsors. I'm sure they can take an hour a day to look at one build and score. By the end of the week or month, they'd be done scoring.

enrico vespa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #26
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsterd
I think that's a great idea. I just think that the member's favorite should be the one to get the prizes... since that is how competitions are supposed to go.

Even better, make the voters have to rank the 12 finished builds 1-12. 1 being their least favorite and 12 being their favorite. That way everyone gets rank, where as some of the FOTM contestants end up with no votes.

Ranking is good, that I like too.

enrico vespa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp

The only problem with the ranking.....there are bikes entered that were near completion before the start date. That part wouldn't be fair to those that built the entire bike during the time frame. How do we get around that?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #28
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

Quote:
The only problem with the ranking.....there are bikes entered that were near completion before the start date. That part wouldn't be fair to those that built the entire bike during the time frame. How do we get around that?
using the sponsors to rate each build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #29
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

why do I have light bulbs around my avatar? Am I about to get banned?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #30
DoDriven
Fighter

Quote:
It is not hard to take that into account when ranking the bikes. As far as I know there is only one that was near completed, I love the bike, but I know that it was almost finished before we started and I would definitely take that into account before ranking them.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries