INPUT NEEDED! Rules for NEXT YEARS buildoff... let's hear some suggestions! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff

2007 Streetfighter Buildoff Anything related to the streetfighter buildoff should be in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > INPUT NEEDED! Rules for NEXT YEARS buildoff... let's hear some suggestions!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default INPUT NEEDED! Rules for NEXT YEARS buildoff... let's hear some suggestions!

Some of you are not happy with how the scoring system for this years buildoff is going. Being this late in the game, we have decided to go on with it as it does appear to be working OK.

We plan to make the buildoff a yearly event, and we want to make it as enjoyable and fair for everyone as possible, so we'd like to hear suggestions on how it should be judged next year.

Yes, it is soon, but since we are judging this years buildoff now, it's fresh in our minds, so we'll probably come up with the best ideas now!

People have mentioned doing it like the FOTM, everyone just picks their favorite in a poll and that's that.

My concern with that, is how do we factor in build cost? Will it no long matter, or will people have to think about that when judging?

Some people mentioned outside judges, such as site sponsors or something like that. While I do think that may be the most impartial way of doing it, I do like having members involved as much as possible.

Adam and I have decided that no matter what, it's probably in everyone's best interest, if people who are entered in the buildoff are not allowed to vote next year.

Any ideas guys?
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
g-style street-fighter
Bush pilot
Senior Fighterer
g-style street-fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 19 Times in 19 Posts
g-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friends
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - People's Choice Awar 
Default Re: INPUT NEEDED! Rules for NEXT YEARS buildoff... let's hear some suggestions!

I thought maybee a FOTM style and then you guys can apply your $$$$ magic and pic a winner from the top 5 ???????

REMEMBER VOTE FOR G-STYLE
g-style street-fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:43 PM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
trav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of light
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 3rd Place 
Default Re: INPUT NEEDED! Rules for NEXT YEARS buildoff... let's hear some suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab420
Adam and I have decided that no matter what, it's probably in everyone's best interest, if people who are entered in the buildoff are not allowed to vote next year.

Whatever rules you decide....I think that ^ is the best idea. Start there.

When life gives you lemons, you say "Fuck the Lemons" and bail.
trav72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
rdannar
DIZZLE
CF Addict
rdannar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 14 Times in 14 Posts
rdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well liked

i think you should have a video of it running, pics at start and pics at end of build, have builders list mods in each category to make it easier for voters, engine mods, suspension brakes etc.. not just all mods labelled at one time. I would combine non partial judging with members to make it 50 50 or sumptin like that.
rdannar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict
Dudad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Dudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friends

First, noone who is in the contest should be allowed to vote.

Second, anyone who has already started a build should not be allowed to enter (mainly anyone with a finished bike who does 3 mods the whole buildoff).

Third, all the modifications should be listed in the order they are to be voted on. If someone did NOTHING in that category (IE:started with a stock suspension ends with one, has no CF.com logo on the bike) they should get an automatic ZERO for that category.

As for the voting being anonymous it shouldnt matter, if someone doesn't give you a score you think you deserve who cares. Other than that I think that pretty much covers it. Its going to be hard to get people to actually read the mods done to the bike and vote, most people will just look at the pictures but I think listing the mods in order as they are for the voting part it would help alot.

Originally Posted by haelo
"I guess I'm unique in not wanting to get stupid-people-germs on me."

Yeah I ride a katana, SO WHAT>!>

Dudad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Here's the thing. If we do it as a peoples choice(FOTM) style then I think we are going to be missing a large chunk of the work that people are going to be putting into these bikes. It's basicly a popularity contest at that point. That could be cool if we wanted to offer a seperate prize for it but it should not be the sole decider.

Go to any good bike/car show and the way AB and Adam have setup the scoring is about spot on. It makes the scoring a bit more even keel. I would how ever put a bit more enphisis on how things should be scored. Untouched stock parts, ie: unpainted, polished or otherwise unmoded from factory should be given an automatic score. Keep the budget cap and allow everyone to post there exspenses. we keep a members vote and allow the budget equation if so be it and go from there.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
Der Kampfer
Fighter In Training
Der Kampfer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Der Kampfer is a NOOB

I like the fact that the bikes are scored on and not just voting(pularity contest). I am not sure if scoring idvidual areas in detail is what I like as much as the overall finished product. I think creativity, flow and craftsmanship would be enough to judge a bike. If someone just bolts on a store bought product just to satify a scoring category, it is not adding to the overall asethetic of the bike necessarily.
Also it would be interesting just to have a category to for personal satisfaction of a bike, a people's choice. Example: Someone fabricates a great bike but may not appeal to everyones taste. But there are some bikes that people just "like".
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff