Long Term Zed - Page 30 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Long Term Zed

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #291
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Long Term Zed

Fuck my life...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boltouch.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	628.3 KB
ID:	108458  
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #292
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

that bolt not a hard as a hoors heart ?
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #293
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Seemingly not Yan, merely as hard as a parson's stools...
This user High Fived MDM!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #294
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Anyways, it seems that the stripped bolt was not down to my ham-fistedness, not this time.
The aftermarket alternator rotor apparently needs to have the bolt shortened by about 4mm, and also needs a different thrust washer at the rear (one from an earlier 1100, with a smaller OD than the one for the 1100 Unitrak). The thrust washer, upon inspection, had been forced into a cone shape because it wasn't sitting in the recess at the rear of the ring gear, as the pic here shows...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bushouch.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	800.4 KB
ID:	108478   Click image for larger version

Name:	bushouch2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	793.0 KB
ID:	108480  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #295
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

The bolt met the cutting disc, and the thrust washer met the belt sander, and everyone lived happily ever after...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fixedbits.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	977.0 KB
ID:	108482  
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #296
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Note - I'm going to make a closer check as to how well the rotor sits on the crank taper, and I may fit a brand new thrust washer (the correct size, natch) rather than the one that'd been pushed into a cone shape...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-15-2020, 06:38 AM   #297
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

New thrust washer purchased, and waited for, received, fitted and all back together again.
And then, once the starter and alternator gubbins was all back together, I happened to find a glass jar, containing some bits...

... yep, the very bits that I had fucked about trying to find, then ordering (wrongly), re-ordering (correctly), waiting for and then fitting...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	refoundbits.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	108526  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #298
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

This was followed by more fucking about trying to get the sprocket cover and clutch actuator fitted correctly, with some issues as the cover wasn't fitting flush to the crank cases... eventually traced down to the actuator not aligning with a slot in the cover. With this done, all was fitted, and the exhaust also bolted back on and lock-wired nice and neatly.
At which point I turned to the oiling system and realised that the exhaust would have to come back off again so I could but the oil return fitting into the turbo... Time and motion, time and motion...
These people High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #299
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

2 steps forwards, one step back cha cha cha...
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #300
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Oil return fitting bolted into place and, while I was there I thought I might as well fit the oil feed line as well. Er, hang on, where is the oil feed line?... it should be here somewhere?... er....
Here we go again....

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes