question - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff

2008 Streetfighter Buildoff All discussion about the 2008 Buildoff goes in here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > question

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict
Dudad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Dudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friends
Default question

Since I traded for the bike.....i technically spent $0 lol but how do I figure what the value is? Is it $0 cuz I spent $0 or would you use the price that he wanted for the bike?

Originally Posted by haelo
"I guess I'm unique in not wanting to get stupid-people-germs on me."

Yeah I ride a katana, SO WHAT>!>

Dudad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: question

lol...what did you pay for the tv?

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

uh oh

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Is this in regaurd to the buildoff or are you trying to figure out how much it's worth for registration purposes?

If the latter, right down as little as you can get away with. If you can put a dollar, do it.

If for the buildoff, I take it as $0 cause you didn't spend any money out of pocket.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict
Dudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friends

that price doesnt matter LOL that was about a year ago.

So do i go by what i wanted for the tv or what the cost of the bike was when he bought it/we traded?

its for the buildoff.

I dont wanna piss people off cuz I got to get it for nothing. If my understanding is correct there will be 3 judges anyway so I dont see how the money factor is going to play in but I dunno, thats why I asked llol

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I'd say "fair market value" for the bike. From what I saw, you got a running GSXR that needed cosmetic work and some engine bits (filters, etc). What did you want for your TV and what did he want?

I'd say a value around $1700-$2000 is right for the bike. You're out a $3500 (new) TV for it, that's out of pocket to me.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict

thats why im asking. Technically I owned the TV and just traded for it since it was already mine.

Whatever you all think is fair, I wanted 1500 for the tv. He was going to sell the bike in complete running shape for 1500 so I guess if we are going to do a price then 1500 would be what I would go with....I still want the $0 so I can crush the competition LOL J/k. It doesnt really matter to me, I just wanted to ask so I know what to keep track of cost wise

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Well wait, cause I got my bike for free too. So if that's the case, then I would go with $0. To my understanding, it goes by how much you spend out of pocket. So if you get stuff for free, then cool. Your that much ahead of the game.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict

i didnt know if trading counted as spent money or not...Ill let the big dogs decide and go with that lol

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I know what you're saying, it's sort of a catch 22. The only thing I have so far that I traded was my Ohlins shock, which I traded for the task of stripping 2 bikes for parts on my own time. I can put a value on that based on the fact that I stripped the 2 bikes in about 5 hours and my 'garage' shop rate is $40/hr. I still see it as a value because if he hadn't traded, he would have sold the TV for $1500, and then spent $1500 to buy the bike.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff